- Who reads ArtsProfessional?
- What’s the difference between ArtsJobFinder and ArtsProfessional?
- Do you charge for advertising?
- Why do you charge for advertising?
- How much do you charge?
- Do you offer discounts for charities?
- Do you offer multiple booking discounts?
- Do you offer discounts for board/trustee roles?
- Do you offer discounts for project and freelance positions or invitations to tender?
- Do you give commission to recruitment agencies?
- When is your copy deadline?
- How long does it take to get an advert online?
- How do I book?
- What’s the difference between a Premium, Standard, Basic and Junior advert?
- What conditions are attached to the Junior jobs package?
- Which level of prominence is appropriate for our advert?
- Can I include our logo?
- How much text can I include?
- Can I upload a job description and other documents?
- Can I include photos or videos?
- Can I include a funder logo?
- I have two similar jobs, can I book just one advert?
- Will my advert be taken offline after the closing date?
- If I want to attract more applicants, can I extend my advert?
- Can I make corrections after my advert has been published?
- Do I need an account?
- Do I need to pay on booking the advert?
- Can I pay by invoice?
- What are your payment terms?
- Can I pay by credit/debit card?
- Can we pay you by electronic bank transfer?
- Do you have a checklist for advertisers?
Got a question not answered here? Call us on 01223 200200 or email email@example.com.
A: There are two very simple reasons:
1. We no longer charge anyone to read ArtsProfessional, and this means we rely on advertising revenues alone to sustain our position as a trusted independent voice, in a sector where others may feel unable to speak out.
2. Independence gives ArtsProfessional the freedom to draw attention to some of the most important issues facing the arts sector today. We’re not funded by anyone, and we take seriously our responsibility to speak the truth and hold public bodies to account. Every advert that is placed with us helps us continue with our work supporting the sector.
A: The vast majority of our clients are charities, so our prices already reflect this. However, we can zero- rate VAT invoices for registered charities. Please provide your charity registration number upon booking.
A: Yes. There is a scale of discounts for adverts placed and invoiced at the same time.
- 2 adverts: 5%
- 3 adverts: 10%
- 4 adverts: 15%
- 5+ adverts: 20%
A: Yes. We offer a 20% discount for unpaid positions.
A: Yes. We offer a 50% discount for consultancy projects, freelance positions or invitations to tender, so long as a project fee is offered as a fixed fee or daily rate (salaried roles are not eligible).
A: Yes, 10% to bona fide registered agencies.
A: There is no copy deadline. As soon as we receive your booking we can put your job advert online. But you may wish to time your start date to coincide with our regular email bulletins:
- Monday – NewProfessionals (fortnightly): includes junior level roles only
- Tuesday – ArtsJobFinder: includes all job listings
- Thursday – Good Reads: includes standard and premium listings only
- Friday – News: includes all job listings
A: Once we have received your copy, logo and details of your requirements, we can usually get jobs online within an hour or so.
- Click here to submit your job online; or
- Email your copy and a logo to firstname.lastname@example.org Let us know a) which level of advertising you would like b) for how long c) to which email address we should send the invoice and d) the purchase order reference, if required.
A: These terms refer to the level of prominence and distribution of the advert. The higher the prominence, the more people you can expect to see your advert. Full details of these levels and distribution through email, Twitter and Facebook can be found here.
A: The junior jobs package is only available for roles with a full-time equivalent salary of up to £20k. The salary must be published with the listing and the advert paid for by credit or debit card upon booking.
A: As a rule of thumb we suggest:
- Premium are ideal for senior or hard-to-recruit roles where target candidates are less likely to be actively looking for a new role. Or for short intense recruitment campaigns.
- Standard are ideal for middle management, to reach candidates who are keeping an eye open for new opportunities.
- Basic are ideal for attracting candidates who are actively seeking work.
- Junior is a value option, only available for roles with a salary of up to £20k FTE.
A: Yes – ideally a PNG file, 72dpi.
A: You may include unlimited text. And include links to your own website.
If you choose Premium level, you can include up to three downloadable documents, such as a job description, person specification or application form.
A: At Premium level you can include an image or embed a video in your advert.
A: Yes. If your funder insists, this can be included in the main body of text. To include more than one funder logo you must provide a single PNG file with the logos combined, maximum total width 550 pixels.
A: If you are recruiting two identical roles (same job title/salary/description) at the same time, then you can advertise both vacancies in one advert. Otherwise you will need two listings.
A: We will schedule your advert to be published online from the date that you tell us you are ready to advertise until either your closing date, or until the end of the period of time that you have paid to advertise – whichever is sooner.
A: Yes, so long as your initial advert was booked for no more than 2 weeks and no changes to the copy are required.
We offer special rates to extend an advert and the price depends on the length of your initial booking:
- If your booking was for up to 1 week it will cost £125 to extend it for another week, or £200 for up to 4 further weeks;
- If your original booking was for 1-2 weeks, it will cost £75 to extend it for up to 4 further weeks.
A: We expect to receive final copy for publication, but we can correct errors if necessary. We will send you a link to check the copy immediately after your advert is published, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any errors as soon as possible.
A: For booking and invoicing we will set up a new account for you if have not previously advertised with us. We require an email and postal address for invoices.
A: Normally no, we will raise an invoice for the organisation that books the advert. Freelancers who book adverts on behalf of organisations must either pay upon booking or provide a written confirmation from the organisation that they will take responsibility for settling the invoice. The exception is Junior roles, where we ask for payment by credit/debit card upon booking.
A: Normally yes, if you are a formally constituted organisation. If you are not a formally constituted organisation, or you have outstanding debts to settle with us, we reserve the right to request payment in advance.
A: Strictly 28 days.
A: Yes, over the phone: 01223 200200.
A: Yes. Our bank details appear on the invoice.
To upload your advert, we need to know the following:
Level of prominence required (premium/standard/basic/junior)
Start date for advert to be published
Length of time online (up to 1 week, 1-2 weeks, 2-6 weeks)
Copy, to include:
- Job title
- Employer/organisation name
- Employment type (employed/freelance/board/voluntary/internship/tender)
- Contract type (permanent/temporary/casual/fixed term)
- URL for further information / application pack
- Salary range and type (per annum/pro-rata/hourly/daily/fixed fee) – alternatively, no salary disclosed
- How to apply
- Closing date for applications
- Interview date (if relevant)
Funder’s logo (only if a funder requirement)
Payment option (Debit/credit card or invoice)
Invoicing details (Organisation name/contact name/email address/phone number)
Postal address (new accounts only)
Registered charity number if zero-rate VAT required
Purchase Order reference if required
Up to 3 downloadable documents if required (Premium only)
Image/video if required (Premium only)