Want to write for ArtsProfessional? Do get in touch!
ArtsProfessional provides a unique platform for those working in the arts to share ideas, debate important issues and learn from each other’s experiences.
We want to hear from you if you can give us an original perspective on themes that resonate with people working in the cultural sector. Whether you’re a CEO with decades of experience, a recent graduate just stepping onto the bottom rung of a career ladder – or somewhere in between – then we want to hear from you.*
Don’t worry about your writing skills, or whether you have time to produce a perfectly polished article. We offer some guidelines, but more importantly, our editors will work with you and your words to communicate your thoughts and experiences with the greatest effect.
Every week we publish a range of content to support everyone working in the arts and cultural sector, helping them to make the most of the work they do. This includes...
Articles that provide:
- Overviews of key issues facing the UK cultural sector
- Insights into innovative projects
- Information and advice relating to management practice
- Summaries of findings from academic research
- Examples of transferable practices from other countries or sectors
Occasional columns include:
- Opinion: A platform for sharing ideas, putting forward opinions and challenging the status quo.
- News Comment / Letters: Detailed and reasoned responses to news stories covered by ArtsProfessional.
- My Gurus: An opportunity to salute the people who have influenced an arts professional’s careers and/or their own artistic development.
- Job Ladder: The steps along the career path of experienced arts professionals, giving readers an insight into potential routes to achieving career goals.
- Just Saying...: A chance for you to share your views on an issue that is getting under your skin
- How to…: Step by step guidelines on performing specific functions or activities.
Once a month our features and case studies focus on a particular theme. You can see the sort of themes we cover here.
331 Thursday 13 February 2020 – Spotlight on: West Midlands
332 Thursday 12 March 2020 – Audience development: Strategies for success
333 Thursday 9 April 2020 – Activism: Engaging with direct action
334 Thursday 14 May 2020 – Volunteering: Harnessing passion or encouraging exploitation?
335 Thursday 11 June 2020 – Experiential arts: New technologies and approaches
336 Thursday 9 July 2020 – Festivals: The power of live experience
337 Thursday 10 September 2020 – Cultural democracy: Who controls culture?
338 Thursday 8 October 2020 – The arts and mental health: An untapped resource?
339 Thursday 12 November 2020 – Spotlight on: South West England
The dates given above are publication dates. The copy deadline is 4 weeks before the publication date. We typically commission content at least two weeks before the copy deadline.
Occasionally we have to make changes, additions to and deletions from our editorial plans without notice, and we may have to re-schedule publication dates for specific articles. From time to time, we also add new topics to our editorial plan, particularly if they are of a timely or newsworthy nature.
*Sorry, we simply aren't in a position to pay our contributors. But please don’t let this put you off. Our writers invariably find that there is real value in raising their profile among the national and international arts sector, and that they benefit tremendously from wider recognition.