Want to write for ArtsProfessional? Do get in touch!
ArtsProfessional provides a unique platform for those working in the arts to share ideas, debate important issues and learn from each other’s experiences. You can also write for us, or tell us anonymously about anything you think we should investigate further.
We want to hear from you if you can give us an original perspective on themes that resonate with people working in the cultural sector. Whether you’re a CEO with decades of experience, a recent graduate just stepping onto the bottom rung of a career ladder – or somewhere in between – then we want to hear from you.*
Don’t worry about your writing skills, or whether you have time to produce a perfectly polished article. We offer some guidelines, but more importantly, our editors will work with you and your words to communicate your thoughts and experiences with the greatest effect.
Every week we publish a range of content to support everyone working in the arts and cultural sector, helping them to make the most of the work they do.
Do contact us if you would like to contribute an article that provides:
- An overview of key issues facing the UK cultural sector
- Insights into innovative projects
- Information and advice relating to management practice
- A commentary on a news story that's made AP's headlines
- A provocation that challenges the status quo with your well-reasoned analysis
- A summary of findings from academic research
- Examples of transferable practices from other countries or sectors
Occasional columns include:
- Head to Head A dialogue between you and one other: creating an energetic and respectful debate where different viewpoints are put forward, and each responds to the other’s argument
- Slay Ahead What have you learned that would help those new to the arts? What do you want to ask, so that you can learn more?
- A Day in the Life Ever wondered what a dramaturg actually does? Or what the general manager’s up to at 3pm? You’re not the only one… shed some light on what it takes to do your job.
- My Gurus Who are the people who have inspired you and influenced you path through life and work? Your chance to acknowledge them.
- Job Ladder Have you had an interesting career path? What steps did you take to get where you are now? Inspire others to take their next step.
We accept contributions on any art form or theme, but each month, features and case studies on the following themes will be of particular interest:
334 May 2020 – Volunteering: Harnessing passion or encouraging exploitation?
335 June 2020 – Experiential arts: New technologies and approaches
336 July 2020 – Festivals: The power of live experience
337 September 2020 – Cultural democracy: Who controls culture?
338 October 2020 – The arts and mental health: An untapped resource?
339 November 2020 – Spotlight on: South West England
The dates given above are publication dates. The copy deadline is 3 weeks before the publication date. We typically commission content at least three weeks before the copy deadline and only occasionally take last-minute submissions.
Occasionally we have to make changes, additions to and deletions from our editorial plans without notice, and we may have to re-schedule publication dates for specific articles. From time to time, we also add new topics to our editorial plan, particularly if they are of a timely or newsworthy nature.
*Sorry, we simply aren't in a position to pay our contributors. But please don’t let this put you off. Our writers invariably find that there is real value in raising their profile among the national and international arts sector, and that they benefit tremendously from wider recognition.