Keeping up to date with important issues and vital information can sometimes feel a bit like trying to fill a cup from a waterfall. Here at ArtsProfessional we try to make this task just a little easier for you by creating and curating the most relevant content for those with a professional interest in the arts sector. We aim to deliver a quality news and information service that will help you get the most out of your professional practice. So how do we do this?
- We cover news stories that are too specialist for the national newspapers, but are important to those working in the arts
- We investigate what’s really going on in the sector, holding public bodies to account when necessary
- We keep the sector up to date with changes in areas such as the law and technology, and policies that may affect them
- We share good practice by giving arts organisations and practitioners a platform to write about their successes and tell others about their experiences
- We provide a forum in which those with something say can pass comment on key issues or topical subjects
- We create a space for the sector to promote itself, its jobs, and its activities to other arts professionals.
If you ask our readers what they think are our hallmarks, this is what we hope they’ll say:
- Our integrity.We’re honest, serious-minded and balanced
- Our curiosity.We ask questions, challenge and probe to get the facts
- Our independence.We will stand up for what we believe in and aren’t afraid to raise the issues that others can’t – or don’t
- Our topicality.We’re about what’s going on now, across the arts and beyond, but fashion and trends never sidetrack us
- Our collaborative approach.We have contributors from accountancy, law and marketing as well as the arts. We welcome contributions from outside the sector as well as within, provided they are of interest to arts professionals.
You can find ArtsProfessional online, on email and on social media too. Why not sign up for our regular e-bulletins to make sure that you never miss out on any of our news or information. And if you have a vacancy that needs to be filled, we can offer the most cost-effective targeted recruitment advertising service in the sector.