Youth Arts Management 6 Day Accredited Course
This course takes place across 6 dates from 10am-4:15pm on 27th & 28th February, 19th & 20th March and 24th & 25th April 2018.
“I gained great insight – I felt it was in-depth and inspirational. A very enjoyable and informative course!”
- Lisa Simmons, previous course participant
you will develop strategies and gain the skills needed to devise a youth arts project, with, for and by young people
Designed for people working in the arts and cultural sector wanting to manage projects for young people, our six-day course will leave you fully equipped and inspired to successfully deliver your very own youth arts projects.
Exploring the philosophy and principles of youth arts, you will develop strategies and gain the skills needed to devise a youth arts project, with, for and by young people. We will take you through from the initial ideas and planning stages, through to using professional artists, funding, marketing and evaluation.
Accredited by Solent University (15 credits, Level 5), assessment takes place in a variety of ways – through a reflective learning journal, a case study assignment and active involvement in discussions throughout the course.
You want an in-depth, informative introduction to developing and running your own youth arts projects.
You will gain:
- The knowledge to plan and produce effective strategies
- Time to focus, explore and develop your thinking
- Tips on how to cost work and plan budgets
- Understanding on funding, from the Arts Council to the local shop
- Advice on how to use your resources wisely
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of equal opportunities
- Development through peer discussions with a close group of like-mind professionals
- Exploration around the intrinsic and extrinsic value of youth arts activity
- Real world learning
- Marketing and publicity know-how
- The art of creative evaluation: planning, delivery and development of future practice
A range of resources exclusive to you as an attendee, including the Get Sorted Budgeting and Fundraising guide.
Trainers: Lesley Wood and Helen Le Brocq
English National Youth Arts Network subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount - subscribe here. Limited bursaries are also available- please contact us for further details.
For more information on our open and in-house courses please contact our Learning and Skills Administrator Rosie via firstname.lastname@example.org / 02380 332491