Location: London or Manchester
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 base + commission (first year estimated OTE £38k-£47k)
SPEKTRIX is a growing collection of creative problem solvers, arts lovers and tech enthusiasts working to help arts and cultural organisations achieve their ambitions to connect and deepen relationships with their audiences. We’re doing this through a combination of cloud-based software and consultative customer support that empowers cultural organisations to grow revenue, increase efficiency, and build stronger relationships with audiences. We are always looking for new ways to approach problems, share knowledge, and better serve the organisations we work with. You’d be joining a team of over 120, based across our New York, London and Manchester offices and working with over 500 cultural organisations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
As an integral member of the business development team, the Solutions Architect will work with prospect organisations in the UK&IE arts and cultural market to understand their technical and product requirements. They will use their extensive product knowledge to determine how we can best serve any prospect we are speaking to, showcase Spektrix to the prospect and convince them of the value of working with us.
Reporting to the Head of Business Development, the Solutions Architect will work closely with all other members of the business development team and also collaborate regularly across departments, particularly with the Support, Training & Consultancy and Implementation Teams.
- Demo the Spektrix platform to new prospects, evaluating what success looks like and tailoring our presentations to reflect their needs. Take full ownership of demo/meeting preparations, delivery and solution strategy.
- Support in writing responses to RFIs and tenders, effectively managing deadlines and drawing on internal resources as required to produce high quality submissions.
- Where a Business Development Manager + Solutions Architect is required to close a deal: perform all product demonstrations, field all product related and technical questions, lead on understanding prospect requirements and opportunities, and demonstrate suitable Spektrix solutions (including third party integrations where appropriate).
- Take full ownership of closing smaller deals, leading the prospect from qualification through meetings, demos and proposals to closing.
- Support the team by qualifying prospects pre-sale and on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with the team by participating and supporting all sales strategies and business goals.
- In collaboration with Senior Solutions Architect, input on Spektrix product prioritisation and ensure client best practice examples are woven into our sales strategies.
- Liaise with the Implementation team to ensure a smooth handover from sales to implementation.
- Document your sales activity onto our prospect management database, adding insight, communication and contact details at all times.
You should have
We’re looking for someone who communicates effectively and has experience building relationships with people of all levels of seniority. You’ll be target driven as well as a team collaborator. You will thrive in a busy, fast paced environment, be open to change and be willing to try new things. You’ll be a person who is creative in your approach to solutions, keen to learn more about the business and excited by the opportunities that great technology can bring to an organisation. You should have:
- In depth knowledge of a complex system
- Experience effectively influencing decision making, ability to navigate a range of situations and conversations
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Strong organisational skills and be detail oriented
- Background, experience or strong interest in the arts or cultural sector desired
- Flexible working. If it works for you and it works for your team then it works. See more specifics below on our remote working policy
- NHS top up scheme (covering dental, optical, therapy & counselling, prescription and other health related costs)
- Mental Health First Aiders across the business
- Continuous development supported by Line manager, learning budget and 10% time
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption & Shared Parental Leave
- 25 days paid holiday with flexibility to take bank holidays wherever you choose
- 2 volunteering days per year
- Pension scheme with matched contributions from Spektrix up to 4%
- Office demo, drinks and celebrations every Friday (currently virtual)
- Varied range of regular socials (currently virtual)
- Cycle to work & Season Ticket Loans
Remote Working Policy
Our offices are currently only open part time due to the Covid-19 pandemic through to September 2021. When it’s safe to do so, we will fully reopen our offices and adopt a hybrid work model. We are still working out exactly how this will work but for now we are asking people to assume around 20% of their time will be in one of our offices.
This means you will need a solid working from home setup. We’ll provide reasonable support and all the hardware you need to get started, but we do require that you have the following already in place:
- A quiet working space at home
- An internet connection that supports your participation in video calls and access to our systems and services
At Spektrix, we know that there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Every individual brings unique lived and work experience and their own perspective, which rarely if ever maps exactly to a job description or set of criteria. That’s why we want to hear from you if this role excites you (and you feel you could be a good match) even if you don’t feel you meet 100% of the criteria.
Spektrix is committed to creating an inclusive work environment, where our team members are supported in expressing themselves and delivering their best work. So whoever you are, and whatever experience you can bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
The diversity of our team is hugely important to our working environment as it enables both individuals and Spektrix to thrive. By valuing each person’s differences we encourage everyone to contribute their unique experiences, strengths and viewpoints. We are taking active steps to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and work in. We aim to reflect this diversity in all departments and at all levels of seniority in the business, right up to the board.
Spektrix is an equal opportunities employer. We recruit regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, neurodivergence, or disability status and look to employ from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.