Chair to the Board of Trustees and Executive Team
The new Chair will have an unprecedented opportunity to engage with and provide leadership for the extraordinarily vibrant and creative new music scene in the UK. Working with the Chief Executive and Board members, they will shape and lead the strategy of the organisation and ensure that Sound and Music meets the needs of this diverse and highly individual sector.
Scope of the role
- Providing strategic leadership for Sound and Music
- Building and developing the Board of Trustees
- Leading the Board of Trustees and ensuring they fulfil their responsibilities
- Supporting the Chief Executive and Executive team
- Approving policy, strategy and plans and ensuring their implementation
- Maximising incoming resources and fundraising
- Ensuring Sound and Music meets its legal and financial obligations
- Representing Sound and Music and being an advocate for it
The Chair is accountable for the good governance of Sound and Music and provides leadership, support and stability to the Board of Trustees and the Executive team.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to read the Charity Governance Code.
The position is voluntary, non-executive and unremunerated but reasonable expenses will be paid. Time commitment 2-3 days a month.
A copy of the full candidate brief for this role can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org