Rural Arts is seeking expressions of interest to join our Board of Trustees.
Trustees are integral to making sure charities run smoothly and achieve their goals. Being a Trustee is a legal responsibility as well as a great way to support a cause you’re passionate about. We’re looking for people who are enthusiastic and committed, and who want to contributeto the future of our charity. We don’t expect you to be knowledgeable about the arts but we do think it’s important you support what we do.
As a Trustee, in general you will:
- bring an external perspective
- contribute your expertise, knowledge and skills
- support the staff team, provide advice and guidance where appropriate
- assess situations affecting the charity both internally and externally, and support the CEO to make strategic decisions
- act as an ambassador for Rural Arts, promoting our work where you can and making connections to further our success
- attend events, performances and workshops, visit our café and shop etc. where possible
- attend and participate in quarterly Board meetings (January, April, July, October) and emergency meetings where appropriate
- adhere to Rural Arts’ policies and procedures
- Celebrate and champion diversity in all its forms
We’re looking to hear from people who have experience (professional, personal or voluntary) in one or more of the following areas:
- Advocacy, campaigning and influencing
- Change management
- Digital (IT, systems, transformation etc.)
- Enterprise and business development
- Facilities management
- HR / personnel
- Practicing artist (any discipline)
- Press, Marketing and Communications
- Rural issues
If you have skills that do not appear on this list but feel you could make a positive contribution to Rural Arts, we would still love to hear from you.
Deadline: Sunday 29th November 2020
To apply please download our application pack as a PDF or Word document and email your expression of interest to Operations Manager Angela Holt (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post it to: FAO Chair of the Trustees, Rural Arts, The Old Courthouse, 4 Westgate, Thirsk, YO7 1QS. If you're having trouble downloading the application, please email Angela Holt.
We will review and reply to all expressions of interest. We aim to do this in December, although we’re grateful for your patience if our timelines change due to the uncertainty of the current situation. Anyone who we think would make a strong addition to the Board will discuss the opportunity further with the Chair and the CEO. You may then be invited to attend a Board Meeting as an Observer, before officially joining the Board as a Trustee.
For further information or if you’d like to speak to a current Trustee before expressing your interest, contact Operations Manager Angela Holt by email or call 01845 526 536.