PA to the Director of Learning and Participation
£27,500 per annum, full-time (40 hours per week)
Ballet and opera capture the deepest human emotions. The Royal Opera House (ROH) wants to share these art forms, and their power to move and excite, with as many people as we can. Our Learning and Participation team offers people of all ages the chance to discover and question our artforms, and to create their own responses to opera and ballet.
This is a particularly exciting time for ROH Learning and Participation as we launch a new programme of daytime, evening and weekend activities for all in our refurbished Front of House spaces - http://www.roh.org.uk/events.
The PA to the Director of Learning and Participation is pivotal in ensuring the smooth running of the Director`s office and activities, as well as providing services to the wider team. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the Director`s diary, handling meetings and external activities, managing expenses and prioritising meetings and other commitments.
- Secretary to the Learning and Participation Committee, arranging meetings, cultivation events, preparing papers and presentation and minuting meetings.
- Devising and maintaining office systems - shared calendars, shared contact database, data management and filing.
- Managing non-project budgets, drawing up, monitoring and reporting as required, working closely with Finance department.
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your administrative skills to the heart of one of the world`s busiest theatres and to gain experience in learning events administration.
We actively encourage BAME and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven experience of PA work, at a senior level.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with a systematic approach.
- Strong communication skills with a high standard of verbal and written English.
- A consistently high level of customer care and responsiveness.
- Very strong IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
A full job description and information on how to apply for this position are available here.
Please contact the Human Resources Department via firstname.lastname@example.org or on Tel: +44 (0)20 7212 9631 if you have any access requirements or queries.
Closing date for applications: 08.00, 18 October 2018.
Interviews will be held on 25 and 26 October 2018.
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.