Head of Development
Salary: Negotiable, commensurate with experience. Competitive holiday and pensions package provided.
Terms: Flexible hours and some home working is welcome.
Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance seeks a motivated and experienced Head of Development to lead fundraising at an exciting time in our organisation’s growth.
you will lead on strategy as well as cultivating key relationships and making approaches to top prospects
From our home in St Margarets, West London, our mission is to provide world-leading training and education in ballet and contemporary dance.
As we reach our centenary year, the new Head of Development will be responsible for driving our fundraising income to help us secure a stable financial future. Your key fundraising priorities will include growing our bursary scheme, building our Learning and Participation offer and delivering a programme of crucial capital improvements to our site.
Reporting directly to the Principal, you will:
- Create and lead fundraising strategy across individuals, trusts, corporates and statutory bodies and at all levels of gift, meeting targets agreed each financial year
- Take the lead on donor identification and cultivation activity, working closely with the Board and Executive
- Steward all existing major donors, providing high quality account management so they continue to support the School in future
We expect that you will possess:
- Extensive experience of major donor fundraising, with demonstrable success in planning and executing capital and revenue strategies to generate 6 figure gifts
- The ability to work effectively with Boards and senior volunteers
- A strong interest in dance, the arts and higher education, and relevant knowledge of the funding landscape in these sectors
- A confident, independent approach to your work along with great team spirit and commitment to our shared vision and values.
Please visit the Rambert School website for a full job description / person specification and application instructions here
Closing date: 5pm Monday 22nd April 2019.