Norfolk County Council (NCC) is seeking an Art Trail Project Manager to manage the development and delivery of a world-class, site-specific outdoor art and sculpture trail. Applications from both organisations and freelancers are welcomed. Accessibility and inclusivity are key requirements for the trail and will need to be considered both in the commissioning of the works (i.e. sensory and kinaesthetic) and in the physical access to the installations.
The trail is a major part of the Interreg France (Channel) England project EXPERIENCE, which aims to attract visitors during the off-season by developing a unique, innovative, inclusive and sustainable tourism offer (www.tourismexperience.org). This goes hand in hand with the desire to build regional pride and a strong sense of place where people want to live, work and visit. The Art Trail Project Manager will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of artists briefs taking into consideration the unique assets of the region;
- Supporting artists to submit high quality proposals via the NCC Tender process;
- Participating in the recruitment of artists and leading on contract management;
- Acting as the main point of contact for the project including liaising closely with artists, fabricators, installers and NCC
- (commissioner) to ensure delivery on time and to budget;
- Leading on community engagement.
Applicants should have excellent communication and organisational skills, demonstrable experience of project management in the context of public art commissioning as well as strong partnership working and creative programming skills.
EXPERIENCE is a €23.3 million European Union project. It is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (€16 million) through the Interreg France (Channel) England Programme.