Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent theatre in the south of the UK. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Ticket Sales Manager to lead our Box Office team and become part of our continued success. With over 2,200 seats in our auditorium and a wide range of shows, this role would be suitable for a candidate with proven experience in a similar position within a ticketing environment.
The Ticket Sales Manager is responsible for the smooth running of the Box Office department, ensuring that all aspects are delivered to the highest quality, along with managing the day to day operational requirements of the business and management of the team. They also act as Deputy for the Head of Sales & Marketing in their absence for Box Office matters.
- Lead on all aspects of ticketing and ticket sales for Mayflower Theatre
- Lead the implementation of database, telephone, payment and digital system solutions in conjunction with IT to future proof the Box Office function, leading the delivery of the Tessitura development plan in your team.
- Be an expert in the use of the customer relationship management (CRM) database in order to lead the specialist database resource in your team, and oversee the effective use of integrated revenue management systems and business intelligence tools.
- Ensure timely and accurate management of the ticket inventory to maximise sales in conjunction with the Marketing Team.
- Support the on sale strategy, liaising with IT and Marketing to deliver robust solutions for large scale on sales.
- Analyse and report Sales Team Key Performance Indicators for trend and resource monitoring, (including call traffic, ticket sales numbers, call handling lengths etc.)
- Alongside theatre tickets, ensure high quality service relating to bookings and project delivery for loyalty schemes and other Mayflower Theatre activities (including and not limited to Ovation Restaurant, Creative Learning, groups, corporate, front of house events etc.)
- Oversee the development and administration of all membership schemes.
- Duty manage the team regularly, especially leading on large press nights or events.
- Represent Mayflower Theatre at theatre and ticketing events.
- Be an experienced people manager
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ Box Office Management of a team of 10+ staff
- Have excellent project management and CRM systems experience (ideally Tessitura)
- Have experience of managing budgets
- Have excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Be calm under pressure, well organised, with an excellent eye for detail and a commitment to excellence in customer service
- Have a pro-active and positive approach to problem solving
- Be reliable, take a positive and enthusiastic approach to work and be able to motivate a team.
- Be educated to degree level
- Be competent with all Microsoft Office products
37.5 hours per week. The rota includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays working. Salary (depending upon experience) is between £34,000 to 38,000 per annum and an excellent benefits package. This role is part of the Leadership team.
If you are interested, please apply by sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote TSM20 in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 26 January 2020
The recruitment process will include an aptitude test, a personality profiling questionnaire, two interviews, (first interview 7 February, second interview 12 February) and formal presentation.
Due to a high volume of applications, we will be unable to contact every applicant individually. All successful applicants will be contacted by 31 January.
This role in similar industries may also be called:
Box Office Manager
Call Centre Manager