Associate Artist Manager (Vocal & Opera)
Intermusica is an award-winning international classical music management agency. We seek not just to represent the world’s greatest artists, but to inspire them to new creative heights. We are constantly exploring what it means to bring classical music to life in the 21st century, driven by our key values: integrity, support, dynamism and innovation.
We offer imaginative, personalised management for over 140 world-class and emerging artists; have more than 30 years’ expertise in international touring; tailor bespoke communications and marketing campaigns; and are an industry leader in film and multimedia in performance. Our first-class roster includes some of the most famous and respected artists performing today.
We are seeking a highly motivated, competent and reliable person with a real desire for career development, and a passion for opera to work in our thriving Vocal & Opera department.
- International travel to support artists in performance may be required, involving sales meetings with promoters when appropriate
- Playing a strategic role in managing each artist’s career development
- Sales meetings with concert promoters and opera houses, where you may cover the entire roster of artists as requested by individual managers
- Taking responsibility for certain aspects of artists’ careers
- Booking travel and accommodation for artists where required
- Responsibility for visa and work permit arrangements
- Managing and maintaining artists’ diaries and producing schedules
- Processing contracts and invoices
- Initiating and/or assisting with artist tax applications when necessary
- Maintaining artist profiles on Intermusica’s website (including updating biographies and other marketing materials, drafting news stories and adding reviews)
- Person Specification
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Excellent organisational skills, understands forward planning, manages diary challenges
- Outstanding track record and demonstrable experience in the field
- Understanding of how to operate with sensitivity and discretion
- Strategic thinking and thorough understanding of different personalities
- Able to multi-task and balance priorities
- Can work on own initiative but knows when to escalate
- Ability and desire to travel
- Good eye for detail
- Excellent communicator with first class English language skills (written and oral)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Please find further information and apply online here.
Closing Date: 5pm, Thursday 19 September 2019