Artist Manager (maternity cover)
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Intermusica is an award-winning international classical music management agency. We seek not just to represent the world’s greatest artists, but to inspire them to new creative heights. We are constantly exploring what it means to bring classical music to life in the 21st century, driven by our key values: integrity, support, dynamism and innovation.
We offer imaginative, personalised management for over 140 world-class and emerging artists; have more than 30 years’ expertise in international touring; tailor bespoke communications and marketing campaigns; and are an industry leader in film and multimedia in performance. Our first-class roster includes some of the most famous and respected artists performing today.
We are seeking a creative, ambitious and experienced Artist Manager to join our thriving Artist Management Department for maternity cover of one year from November 2019 onwards.
Intermusica is currently in a period of expansion and there is the potential for permanent employment after this fixed-term role.
The successful candidate will ideally have considerable experience as an Artist Manager in the classical industry, and an international network of industry contacts at the highest level.
We are also open to hearing from experienced figures in the classical music industry who may not have direct experience as an Artist Manager but possess a keen understanding of artistic programming and management, and operate a global contact network. If you would like to discuss your suitability for the role prior to submitting your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Manage an agreed list of artists, developing and implementing their long-term career strategies
- Manage sales and book engagements for above-mentioned list of artists, liaising with orchestras, opera houses, venues, festivals, record labels, PR agencies and other partner organisations worldwide, including local territorial managers where relevant
- Establish new and develop existing working relationships with promoters worldwide
- Negotiate fees and terms of artists’ contracts, and being accountable for financial projections for each artist
- Undertake regular sales trips throughout the UK, Europe and beyond, as required, as well as potentially attending conferences and other related events
- Joint responsibility with Artist Management colleagues for selling artists across the whole roster
- Contribute to departmental strategy including financial planning, acquisitions and marketing
- Work with our Communications & Marketing Department on developing innovative promotional strategies for your artists
- Promote the Artist Management Department and Intermusica to potential acquisitions and new contacts
- Act as an ambassador for Intermusica and represent the Artist Management Department internally and externally
- Line-management of Assistant Artist Manager, overseeing their work within the department and ensuring their individual progress and development
- Experienced, confident and independent Artist Manager with a broad network of contacts and industry knowledge
- Track record of success in both creative artistic strategy and income generation for multiple clients
- Credibility to interact and operate at the highest managerial level, both internally and externally
- Experienced line manager with ability to support, maintain high-level performance and encourage individual career progression
- Excellent English language skills, written and oral, are essential. Competency in at least one other language is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience of using Overture software is an advantage
Please find further information and apply online here.
Closing Date: 5pm, Thursday 19 September 2019