Art, Culture and Design Specialist
HS2 | London | Competitive salary
We are recruiting for an Art, Culture and Design Specialist to work part time for our Town planning and design team at HS2. As the successful applicant you will support the Head of Arts and Culture with the route wide phase one and two commissioning and co-ordination of an innovative programme of arts and culture as part of the delivery of the HS2 Arts Strategy.
About the role:
- Project manage a high-quality arts and culture programme for key sites along the HS2 line.
- Work collaboratively with Phase One Art Culture Design Specialist to develop any crossover route-wide cultural programmes, local and strategic partnerships and community engagement.
- Develop high quality arts and culture programmes working with key internal and external partners and local communities.
- Keep up to date with latest developments in key areas of contemporary arts practice, culture and regeneration, design and place-making in order to inform programme development.
- Co-ordinate marketing and communications requirements across all arts and culture activities in close co-operation with HS2 communications team.
- Monitor key impact metrics associated with the programme of activities and provide reports to senior management and stakeholders.
- Co-ordinate and develop a network of internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Head of Arts and Culture to identify opportunities to incorporate arts and design into the infrastructure programme of HS2.
- Co-ordinate admin activities including procurement and budget monitoring associated with the commissioning of the Arts and Culture Strategy.
- Support the Head of Arts and Culture to deliver all other aspects of the Arts and Culture Strategy as it develops and as required.
- You will have the ability to communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders at a variety of levels both verbally and in writing
- You are able to prioritise and manage a large and varied project workload
- You have knowledge of delivering arts and culture strategies
- You possess knowledge of best practice in commissioning and procurement of artists
- You have knowledge of socially engaged arts practice and community engagement
- You have knowledge of the principles and promotion of diversity and inclusion throughout the arts
- Experience of co-ordinating a wide variety of cultural activity, meeting deadlines.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2 Ltd) will be the UK’s new high-speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd will create a skills legacy and develop a diverse range of talent. We aim to be a leader in EDI practice by creating a safe & inclusive working environment for all our staff - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership.
In practice, this means we are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging our staff networks to flourish and providing personal and professional development opportunities.
HS2 Ltd is also a safety-critical organisation. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to our ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times.
HS2 Ltd endeavours to ensure everyone working for us and with us feels included, thrives and achieves their full potential.
Closing date: 28 October 2019.