Art, Culture and Design Specialist
As an Art, Culture and Design Specialist at HS2 you will support the Head of Arts and Culture with the commissioning and co-ordination of an innovative programme of art commissions as part of the delivery of the HS2 Arts Strategy in the Midlands and the north.
This is a part-time role working three days per week (Wednesday - Thursday - Friday).
...Project management of an innovative and high quality programme of new commissions both temporary and permanent for key sites along the HS2 line
This role is within the Design team of the Infrastructure Directorate (ID). ID owns the design of the railway and assures that the design will meet the technical and operating requirements to deliver against our Sponsors Requirements. The directorate sets the technical standards as the ultimate Systems Integrator across the programmes and act as the environmental, operational and engineering Technical Authority for HS2. It will also deliver HS2's asset management, operations and rolling stock programmes.
About the role:
- Project management of an innovative and high quality programme of new commissions both temporary and permanent for key sites along the HS2 line;
- Development of high quality arts and culture programmes working with key internal and external partners and local communities;
- Keep up to date with latest developments in key areas of contemporary arts practice, regeneration, design and place-making in order to inform programme development.
- Co-ordinate marketing and communications requirements across all arts and culture activities in close co-operation with HS2 communications teams;
- Monitor key impact metrics associated with the programme of activities and to report on to senior management and stakeholders;
- Co-ordination and development of a network of internal and external stakeholders;
- Support the Head of Culture to identify opportunities to incorporate arts and design into the infrastructure programme of HS2;
- Co-ordination of all admin including procurement and budget monitoring associated with the commissioning of the Art Strategy;
- Support the Head of Arts and Culture to deliver all other aspects of the Arts strategy as it develops and as required.
- Proven track record of curating a variety of arts and/or cultural projects, preferably within the public realm;
- Experience of commissioning permanent and temporary public art;
- Experience of co-ordinating a wide variety of cultural activity and ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and manage budgets;
- An understanding of the complexities of delivering an arts strategy within an infrastructure and regeneration context;
- Knowledge of best practice in commissioning and procurement of artists;
- Knowledge and/or an interest in the development of largre infrastructure projects;
- Knowledge of best practice in place-making and the role of arts and culture.
- It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
High Speed 2 (HS2) will be the UK’s new high speed rail network. As well as improving capacity, the new scheme will shorten journey times between a number of Britain’s major population centres, boost the economy and create thousands of jobs.
HS2 Ltd is a safety critical organisation with safety being one of our core values. Employees are required to ensure reasonable care of their own and others’ health and safety by taking personal responsibility for working to the HS2 ‘Safe at Heart’ programme principles and following safe working procedures at all times
Closing date: 27 September 2018.