“Enter The House of St Barnabas - A public-minded private members’ club in London is demolishing stereotypes” – Dazed and Confused.
Are you interested in building London’s most diverse community? Do you thrive on being at the heart of community engagement? Do you have a strong attention to detail, and would people describe you as an organised problem solver?
We are looking for a talented and passionate Membership Officer to join our growing team. Someone who is outgoing, fun-loving and sociable, yet organised and efficient. Someone that can be the glue to keep our community together and to help make The House of St Barnabas a place where our members love to drink, work and play.
The Membership Officer is an integral role within The House of St Barnabas, helping to engage our community of members to increase impact, income, and influence. As part of the HoSB Engagement team, the Membership Officer will support the growth and retention of the club’s membership base and will be integral in developing HoSB’s community.
This role will be the voice of our progressive and forward-thinking members club, it will be the first connection that our members will have with our organisation. You will be the face of the club, familiar with regulars and running tours for our newcomers. You will also help to administer the member journey, from answering the member inbox, creating new member packs, to supporting with plans for acquisition and retention.
You will also support on developing the House’s corporate membership offering and to establish relationships with external stakeholders, where possible, that could benefit the House or the Employment Academy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Act as a membership ambassador - giving tours of the club and meeting with prospective members/ supporters
- Provide an excellent service for members, answering queries via email, over the phone and face to face, to help build and engaged community and aid retention.
- Support the Head of Membership and Marketing with the delivery of the acquisition, engagement, and retention strategy for both individual and corporate membership, to ensure we reach our revenue targets.
- Responsible for administration of the scheme, both onboarding and renewals; including processing new memberships via the CRM system, creating new member packs, and overseeing automated renewal emails, ensuring processes are in line with the membership journey.
- Manage the planning and delivery of membership campaigns, targeting new and existing members.
- Oversee the membership inbox, ensuring queries are answered in a timely manner and feedback is recorded.
- Assist in the development of membership initiatives i.e., offers, partnerships and benefit reviews when needed.
- Assist with the maintenance of the membership database; creating and updating records, generating membership invoices, and working with the finance team to identify and collect outstanding membership invoices.
- Responsible for the administration of corporate members, including processing new members on the CRM, organising renewals, and acting as the first point of contact for queries.
- Assist in producing regular membership reports and campaign analysis to aid the membership strategy and feedback to senior management.
- Support on member retention analysis, measuring drop out to understand patterns of retention.
- Take a lead on collating and recording member feedback to improve the membership experience.
- Carry out competitor research, as needed, to report on membership trends within the sector and wider market.
- Support on member events as required such as DJ sets, talks, workshops, and music showcases.
- Be an ambassador of our charity; establish and maintain effective working relationships with friends/supporters of the House and the Soho community.
- You will also directly support the Employment Academy through being a buddy for participants engaging in work experience.
- Experience working on a membership scheme and engaging with members / the public
- Experience of using a CRM system, such as Salesforce or equivalent
- Experience working on member campaigns - acquisition and retention
- Highly organised and pro-active, with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to process and analyse data, and provide reporting as required
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Comfortable using and adapting to new technology
- Reliable, with a willingness to work flexibly and work outside of office hours
- Positive attitude with ability to work in a team, but also autonomously to prioritise workload.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to critically evaluate and reflect on own performance
- Interest in and understanding of the social enterprise / charity sector
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission is to break the cycle of homelessness.
House of St Barnabas is a charity and private members club in the heart of Soho. We deliver our mission through our Employment Academy, through which participants experience a holistic programme of long-term support, helping them secure good work, a good home and a good network. Underpinning our Employment Academy is our vibrant member’s club based in our grade 1 listed building, right in the heart of Soho. We fund our work through the profit we make from our club alongside innovation in fundraising. We have exciting plans. For our model to work, we aim to run an outstanding private members club; bringing together a diverse community of creative people who care about social change. We want them to experience an engaging offer of culture and events that entertain and enlighten, a vibrant atmosphere and high-quality food and drink.
Commitment to inclusion
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. This will never change.
How to apply:
Please send your CV alongside answering these 3 questions:
- We are a community-based organisation that cares about people, from our participants and academy graduates to the members in our club. Tell us about you as a person
- Our membership community is made up of creative and innovative people, can you tell us about a community that excites you?
- What does a good membership scheme look like to you?
Please send your responses to email@example.com
Closing date, Friday 1st October, 5pm.