Reporting to our Production Managers you will assist Glyndebourne’s Production Department in the realisation of opera for the stage at Glyndebourne, on Tour and other performance spaces. (Both new Productions and Revivals) Liaise with the Production Managers, visiting designers, external contractors and in-house departments to produce AutoCAD drawings, CAD models, digital artwork, and models to facilitate the production process. Ensure that the productions are effectively archived to enable efficient revival, hire or sale.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To produce, in accordance with agreed standards, working drawings, 3D models and construction drawings required for productions.
- To ensure the upkeep of all production records.
- To produce and update ground plans and hanging plots, including Festival and Touring repertoire.
- Regularly attend, and contribute to production meetings, on or off site and by virtual means.
- Attend fit ups, technicals, rehearsals and performances as required, including at other venues.
- To assist in the planning and operation of activities for the stage and rehearsal areas as required.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the department, the upkeep of the model store and departmental resources .
- Develop digital artwork and ‘white card models’ for productions when required.
- To deputise, on occasion, for the production managers in meetings, rehearsals and technical sessions.
- To undertake a varied workload in a busy environment working on several projects simultaneously
- To take initiative whilst being willing to contribute to the team’s activities in a supporting role.
- To travel, when required, on Glyndebourne business.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven knowledge of AutoCAD and drawing in 3D
- Proven knowledge and experience of production and technical aspects of theatre
- Ability to work quickly and accurately on multiple projects.
- A good level of computer literacy .
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- Experience of digital photography and image manipulation
- Full Driving License
Hours of Work
The contractual hours of work are 35 hours per week 9am-5pm Monday – Friday with one hours lunch break. Due to the nature of this role you will be required to work unsocial hours as and when needed.
We offer 5.6 weeks’ holiday inclusive of bank holidays per annum pro rata.
We have excellent on site catering facilities, can offer a beautiful working environment, the opportunity to see world class opera and for those without their own transport we have a free minibus service to and from Lewes railway station and a season ticket loan scheme.
How to Apply
Glyndebourne is an Equal Opportunities Employer and a Registered Charity. We promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply for vacancies, including ethnically diverse and disabled candidates, who are currently under-represented in our workforce.
Please then apply by email, sending your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive.
The closing date for applications is 24th January 2022