Culture in Common is the Creative People and Places programme for the New Forest. A consortium of organisations led by Energise Me has secured £1 million from Arts Council England to launch the programme in April 2022. The investment covers the first three years of a 10-year vision to bring the disparate communities of the district together to enjoy Culture in Common.
We need a brilliant Programme Director to shape our business plan and work with communities to bring our Creative People and Places programme to life.
We are looking for a creative leader and enabler who is genuinely curious about people and place and excited about pushing the boundaries of what artistic excellence can be.
The ideal candidate will:
- have the ability to provide strong, ambitious and imaginative leadership to deliver Culture in Common.
- be passionate about involving diverse communities in the creation and curation of their own distinctive cultural offer.
- have the ability to influence and instigate long-term change, leaving a lasting cultural legacy for future generations.
- have experience in developing and managing teams, setting strategy, managing budgets, and working across sectors.
- have the ability to implement a radically different artistic vision in true collaboration with communities, partners and stakeholders.
- be open-minded and adventurous in pushing the boundaries of artistic quality and supporting communities to do the same.
- have the ability to both lead strategy and address the detail in a small team focused on delivery.
- believe firmly in the value of arts and culture in people’s lives, making them a powerful advocate, striving to make a difference.
Could you be our Culture in Common Programme Director? Visit the Energise Me website to download the job pack, application form and to find out more here:
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills and stories to apply for this opportunity.
This is a full-time position on a three-year fixed term contract. The post will be based in the New Forest with occasional days at the Energise Me Office in Winchester.
All applicants must complete and return Energise Me’s Application Form and Equality and Diversity Form, submitting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications:10.00am on Monday 7 February 2022.