WE ARE BOUNDLESS THEATRE
Boundless Theatre is a leading organisation producing new work for young adult audiences, (15-25 years old) and curious others, in the UK and across Europe. We are passionate about increasing the quality and profile of relevant new theatre for our audiences and work in partnership to deliver productions, projects and increasingly digital work that aims to inspire, provoke and engage diverse audiences.
“Boundless Theatre is all about taking risks and not playing it safe. That feeling of WOW, I just saw that!” (Maya, Boundless Adviser)
Our recent productions of NATIVES by Glenn Waldron and CONFIDENCE by Judy Upton (which played to 98% capacity) as well as the upcoming 2019 UK tour of DRIP by Tom Wells and Matthew Robins (which is at the Bush Theatre in December 2018) have all helped us develop a strong young adult audience. We have a thriving Associates programme and will be co-producing in Europe over the next two years with theatres in Barcelona, Copenhagen and Athens. Our slate of new plays and partnership at the Barbican and an international schools project in London, Toulouse and Brussels complete our upcoming activity.
YOUNG PEOPLE DRIVING CHANGE
- We believe in the unlimited potential of young adults.
- We celebrate the boundless spirit and power of a generation living in a volatile age, facing huge challenges but empowered to create opportunities.
- We believe that young people will change the world for the better, and that with encouragement this change can be felt in the theatre that is made with, by and for them.
- We aim to make theatre a vital cultural and social part of young people’s everyday lives.
- We will discover, champion and produce the best new plays for a diverse generation across the UK and internationally.
- We will respond to the global concerns of young people through commissioning relevant new work and promoting shared experiences, dialogue and exchange. We invest in a diverse future, now.
- We will become a destination for adventurous audiences, artists and ideas.
- We will produce the highest quality new theatre, and empower a new generation of artists to be extraordinary.
- Our work will be created with and inspired by an empowered, young and fearless audience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Executive Director who can support the evolution of Boundless Theatre and in collaboration with the Artistic Director develop innovative projects and productions in the UK and across Europe. Innovation and a passion for building new partnerships, whilst diversifying income and seeking out new opportunities for the company's work will be central to the role.
We have a thriving Advisory Group of 15-25 year olds who are embedded across the organisation and the ideal Executive Director will be someone who believes in the limitless potential of young adults to drive change. We have successfully raised £10,000 recently to deliver paid opportunities and help young people lead creative lives and continue to develop relevant and exciting new work that we believe will build an independent young adult audience.
Boundless Theatre is an Arts Council NPO and the Executive Director will work with the Artistic Director and board of trustees to deliver on planned activity whilst supporting new opportunities.
This is an exciting time to help shape the future of a vibrant and ambitious company in a collaborative environment so as to keep advocating for a theatre that is representative and driven by youth culture.
The Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded in the Application Pack on our website and all applications are made by completing an application and equal opportunities monitoring form. We are committed to equal access to recruitment and happy to have a conversation with any applicant who may face barriers to applying. For an informal conversation please email us on the address below.
Discover more about Boundless here.
The application pack can be downloaded here.
If you would like to ask any questions about the role or to discuss any aspect of the recruitment process please send an email to email@example.com
Please be aware of the following dates for the recruitment process:
3rd January Deadline for Applications (5pm)
10th/11th January Interviews (Round One)
17th January Interviews (Round Two)