Head of Fundraising - maternity cover
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
Employment Type: Fixed Term
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
location: Birmingham Hippodrome, B5 4TB
Job Reference: 00058
A great theatre needs great people. We can only thrive by having the right team on board in a fast-paced, constantly changing, creative workplace.
the postholder will target donors for support towards revenue and capital projects
The Head of Fundraising reports to the Director of Marketing & Development and is responsible for devising and delivering a comprehensive fundraising strategy with particular emphasis on individual giving and trusts to meet agreed financial targets to set timescales within budget. Supported by the Fundraising Officer (and other external agencies with casual support when necessary), the postholder will target recent and prospective donors for support towards revenue and capital projects. You will ensure our brand values support all models and communications in fundraising.
This role is on a fixed term contract covering maternity leave which is anticipated to last 9-12 months. The main priorities for this covering role will be;
- Major trust and grant applications to support Hippodrome Projects
- Growing individual giving strands, especially major donors
- Playing a key role in the delivery of a Major Fundraising Gala in our 120th birthday year
- Financial management, including the annual gift aid claim, progressing reporting improvements and paperless direct debits project
- Progressing and shaping future capital fundraising plans
Consideration will be given to condensed hours, working from home and part time working.
To enjoy a new stage for your skills please visit our website here and apply online.
Job Closing Date: 27/07/2018
Interview / Assessment Centre Date(s) w/c: 30/07/2018
At Birmingham Hippodrome we are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone.