Arts Council Wales - Members
Approx 1.5 Days per month
Unremunerated – Travel and Subsistence costs will be met
Do you believe the arts can change lives?
Do you believe they should be available to all?
If you believe these things, you could have an important part to play in making them happen.
The Welsh Government is looking for members to serve on the Arts Council of Wales and to help deliver its strategic priorities of promoting a vibrant, diverse and inclusive culture and an arts sector which is sustainable and innovative.
Members will be expected to:
- Participate and contribute effectively to the Council’s activities, in particular in defining and developing its strategic direction, and in setting and achieving challenging objectives, and in support of Welsh Government policy;
- Act in a way that promotes high standards of propriety and public finance;
- Ensure that the Council’s activities are conducted efficiently and effectively;
- Ensure that the Council meets its and the Welsh Government’s complementary aims, objectives and performance targets;
- Ensure that the Council’s controls achieve value for money within a framework of best practice, regularity and propriety;
- Participate in the corporate planning process; and
- Appoint, with the Welsh Government’s approval, a Chief Executive, should the necessity arise.
Closing date for applications: 22 November 2018.