Transform is seeking a new Chair of the board to support the organisation at a critical moment, as we embark on an exciting period of development over the next three years.
We are seeking an inspiring individual who values creative ambition, inclusivity and internationalism, to oversee the charity over the coming years. The Chair should understand and be committed to Transform’s mission, and be able to contribute to and guide the workplan that will achieve the company’s objectives. We are seeking someone with leadership experience who can oversee Transform to be more sustainable on every level. They will believe in the power of live performance and an international approach to inspire change.
The incoming Chair will have the experience and know-how to strengthen Transform’s positioning within the Leeds City Region and beyond. They will ensure Transform achieves its artistic ambitions and embeds an inclusive, care-led approach to organisational practises. They will ensure Transform’s value is reflected in the partnerships it builds locally, nationally and internationally.
We welcome candidates from a variety of sectors, whether arts and culture, social-change and the charity sector more broadly, and those with a background in community work or activism, business, or other sectors. We are keen to hear from those who might already have experience as a Chair or Trustee, in addition to those with other kinds of leadership experience.
Transform’s Chair provides leadership, support and guidance to the board and leadership team. The role exists to ensure robust governance and to provide strategic support and guidance so that Transform can fulfil its obligations and ambitions. The Chair will be accountable to the charities commission and companies house, and to the artists, communities and audiences that Transform serves.
Transform’s new Chair will…
- Be passionate about theatre and live performance and its possibilities
- Fundamentally believe in internationalism and inclusivity
- Strengthen and enable the core team to achieve the organisations goals
- Ensure excellent organisational and financial management is in place
- Be the direct line manager of the founding Creative Director, leading the annual appraisal process
- Oversee trustee recruitment and support, ensuring they undertake their governance responsibilities effectively
- Monitor the work of the fundraising and partnerships sub-committee
- Oversee and inform Transform’s Accountability Group
- Advocate for Transform locally and (inter)nationally
- Support the development of ambitious and sustainable partnerships
Current trustee Toni-Dee Paul has written an introductory letter for anyone interested to know more.
Please also download and read the full recruitment pack for full details on the role and how to apply.
Deadline for applications – Thursday 13 May
We welcome the opportunity to arrange a conversation with the Creative Director or a current Trustee to discuss the role further and answer any questions. Please contact email@example.com to arrange.