Told by an Idiot is a critically-acclaimed UK theatre company, creating the unexpected since 1993. We take risks, tell universal stories and create theatre for anyone who breathes. Having recently received an Arts Council England Project Grant and Culture Recovery Funding for upcoming activity and development, it’s a great time to join our Board of Trustees to help shape and inform our work. We are looking for a variety of individuals from different backgrounds, with different experiences, skills and interests to bring to the company. Specific skills needed for this recruitment period are:
- Finance: qualified accountant or equivalent level of knowledge with charity finance experience
- Learning and Participation: strategic knowledge of formal and/or informal arts learning and arts participation
- Producing: Arts Council England and sector knowledge, international touring
- Marketing: ideally with experience in campaigning, PR, digital marketing and engaging audiences with live performance
- Fundraising: preferably within the arts sector and / or well networked to help support the specific development activity of the company
Expressions of interest should be made by email highlighting (in 500 words maximum, or a 5 minute maximum-length video or audio file) what skills and attributes you can bring to the role of Trustee and your reasons for wishing to join our board. If you have experience of a similar position previously, please demonstrate that in your application. If you do not have previous experience as a Trustee, that is not a problem. We offer training to all Trustees.
Please submit expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 2nd July 12pm.