Located in the heart of Brighton & Hove, The Dance Space is the new home for dance in the South East. With three dance studios, one of which converts into 123 seat performance space, alongside office space and meetings rooms, The Dance Space will be a place where dance artists and people from all sorts of different backgrounds can explore dance on an equal basis. The building has been built with excellent access facilities and environmental standards and we want to enhance both these aspects in the way we operate the building.
The role involves working closely with our existing Programming team to produce our extensive artistic programme. This person will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of all aspects of our activities, liaising with production and technical staff; and leading on our Artist Support Programme. The Programme Producer will sit on our Senior Management team. We are looking for someone who is excited by the possibilities of The Dance Space and to work to support artists to make their best work and achieve their potential, and with a friendly, can-do approach who can contribute to our vision of The Dance Space as a place that is welcoming to everybody on an equal basis.
If you feel you can do one the role well, and bring your own unique approach to it, then we would love to hear from you. If you are from a background that is underrepresented in the culture sector (for example you have African or Asian heritage or are ethnically diverse, D/deaf, disabled or neurodivergent, did not go to University or had free school meals as a child), and you would like help to explain how your work experience is transferable to this role, please email email@example.com and we will arrange for you to meet with one of our team who can talk you through how best to present your application.
You can make your application in any of the following formats:
- Curriculum Vitae and letter. The letter should be not more than two sides of A4
- An audio recording of not more than eight minutes
- A video recording of not more than eight minutes
- In British Sign Language
If you would like to use a different format, then please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Whichever way you choose to make your application please tell us:
- Why you are interested in the job
- What experience you have that you think will make you able to do the job well. It is helpful if you can describe this in relation to the key tasks and essential skills and experience listed in the job description and person specification. This can be direct experience in an equivalent role or experience you have gained in other ways
- Any other experience and attributes that you have that you think make you a good candidate
- If you are disabled, please let us know if you are applying under the guaranteed interview scheme
- If you are from a background that is underrepresented in our workforce and would like to be interviewed if you meet the essential criteria for the role, then please let us know.
Please also complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. This is important as we analyse these to see whether or not we are reaching a wider range of people in our recruitment processes and what changes we may need to make in future in order to do so.
The link to the monitoring form is here.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 1st February 2022 at 12 noon.
Interviews will take place in Brighton on Monday the 7th February from 10am.