Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: £16,000 PAYE
As a small college with 200 students based in Guildford, at PPA we will develop a nurturing and supportive environment in which every single student is valued as an individual.
Focus on employability and the needs of the profession, so that PPA are able to offer relevant Musical Theatre and Acting for Stage and Screen courses driven by the changing industry.
Be a recognised contender amongst its competitors, offering the very best teaching across all disciplines.
Offering fully-rounded training to allow our Acting and Musical Theatre training Graduates to be the best that they can be.
To provide advice, guidance and support service to disabled students at PPA from their enrolment through to graduation. As this is a new role being introduced to PPA, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing and delivering an effective support system for disabled students on both our Acting for Stage and Screen and Performance in Musial Theatre BA (hons) Courses in line with equality legislation. As the Disability Officer you will work closely with our collaborative partner De Montfort University.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of accurate administrative records for the Disability Service in line with PPA and DMU’s University policy and the Data Protection Act.
- To ensure that Inclusive Learning and Support Plans for students are created and shared with the relevant staff across the College to enable the institution to fulfil its legal responsibilities towards disabled students in line with the Equality Act (2010).
- To conduct disabled student 1-2-1’s to help and advise them, assessing students’ needs, determining and implementing support arrangements, assisting with funding applications, and monitoring progress.
- To liaise with staff across the College, medical professions and external agencies to ensure the effective implementation of support for disabled students.
- To work with staff across the college to promote inclusivity and to facilitate equal access to the curriculum and college facilities.
- In conjunction with relevant colleagues to plan, develop and deliver training on general disability awareness, specific disabilities and inclusive practice.
Do you have the knowledge, experience, passion and skills we need?
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated professional to lead this exciting development.
For more information about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Extended closing date: 27th December 2019