Principal Conductors - Invitation to Tender
A new and exciting opportunity to work with one of the UK’s leading youth music organisations.
National Youth Choirs of Great Britain (NYCGB) exists to inspire and empower young people throughout the UK with the life-changing experience of singing together. NYCGB is seeking to award three Principal Conductor contracts, to oversee the strategic planning and delivery for the National Youth Boys’ Choir, the National Youth Girls’ Choir and the National Youth Training Choir. Principal Conductor contracts will enable the ongoing and successful delivery of NYCGB’s core annual course and performance programmes for the Girls’ Choir, Boys’ Choir and Training Choir. They will ensure strategic artistic leadership for the choirs and be responsible for developing and delivering an inspiring and relevant programme of training and development for our young singers, appropriate to the ages and abilities of each of the choirs. The specialist artistic services sought for the roles comprise artistic planning, delivery and oversight of NYCGB’s programme of residential courses, performances and associated activities for each of the three specified choirs.
Fee: Between £2,300 and £3,200 per course, plus fees for additional meetings.
Term of contract: Offered on a freelance self-employed basis, for a period of three years from October 2019.
How to submit a tender:
Applicants should submit the following information via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 19th August 2019:
- a CV including details of relevant training and professional experience;
- a statement of no more than 1,000 words indicating how you meet the skills and experience required for successful delivery of the contract;
- a statement of no more than 500 words outlining your artistic approach and initial ideas for the choir for which you are submitting a tender – if you wish to submit a tender for more than one choir, you should submit a statement for each choir;
- details of two referees who can confirm the standard of your professional conducting work and music leadership;
- a completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring form; a completed tender cover sheet.
Practical assessments: 7th & 8th September 2019 in London.
Interviews: 9th September 2019 in London.
Potential applicants wishing to discuss the contract opportunities in more detail with an appropriate member of the NYCGB team, should email email@example.com
NYCGB welcomes tender submissions from all sections of the community. If you have any particular access needs within the selection process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org