£34,000-£38,000 | Full time | North West
The principal responsibility of the Producer is to line-produce selected new commissions or events for MIF/ The Factory. From development of the idea to its realisation and presentation to the public, on time and to budget and where required to manage tours to co-commissioner venues or other presenters.
The Producer may be assigned a number of projects, which they will develop within the festival framework with the Executive Producers and wider MIF team.
- Leading and line producing a number of assigned projects of scale. Responsibility for working closely with artists/creative teams to develop complex commissions from end to end. Recruiting artistic collaborators, undertaking R&D of ideas and drawing up schedules, managing logistics in order to deliver projects to the highest possible standards
- Working with the Artistic Director, Executive Producer and Technical Director to develop and nurture creative relationships with key artists, co-commissioners and other organisations to build solid working practices
- Preparing and managing complex project budgets in consultation with the Executive Producer using the MIF budget systems and templates. This will include the speedy and accurate coding and authorising of order forms and invoices, budget forecasting, running and reconciliation as well as regular updating of budget projections and cashflows, together with the provision of other financial information as required
- Working closely with external contractors and internal colleagues across technical, artist liaison, communications, digital, administration and finance to provide them with requisite detailed project information and blend their work into each project
- Negotiating artist and project team fees and contracts within MIF’s contracting system and templates, including commission contracts and underlying rights agreements
- Working closely with the Executive Producer to manage Co-commission and Co-Production relationships, providing touring information, feeding into the contractual process and hosting partners as required. Working with the Executive Producer to create working models for partner relationships and contracting across a number of organisations.
- Working with the Production Co-Ordinator(s) to ensure that information is shared on event management systems (including Artifax) created to work across the Festival team and ensuring that information is continuously kept up to date on these systems
- Providing regular updates to the Artistic Director and Executive Producer of the progress on projects for which the Producer is responsible
Closing date: 28 February 2020