About Made in Corby
Made in Corby is the Creative People & Places (CPP) programme for the boroughs of Corby and Wellingborough, in Northamptonshire. CPP is about more people taking the lead in choosing, creating and taking part in art experiences in the places where they live. There are 30 independent projects, each located in an area where people have traditionally had fewer opportunities to get involved with the arts. See creativepeopleplaces.org.uk for further details.
Made In Corby is a community-led arts programme which produces events and activities designed to surprise, delight and inspire local people. The programme aims to inspire more local people than ever before to take the lead in experiencing, creating and taking part in high quality arts and cultural activities. Through conversations with local people and community decision-making panels, Made In Corby puts local people at the heart of commissioning artists and producing new and exciting events.
Working as part of a small team, you will work with the Programme Director and Producers to achieve ambitious match-funding targets to support the programme. This will include identifying sources of funding, preparing funding bids and working with community groups.
- Demonstrable experience of fundraising in an arts or voluntary sector organisation
- Experience of developing and implementing fundraising strategies
- An interest in arts and/or community development
- Knowledge of the current arts fundraising landscape, with an understanding of current trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good negotiation and networking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and planning skills
- Excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Energy and commitment
- Ability to think strategically and imaginatively
- Approachable, empathetic manner
- Aility to develop good working relationships with project partners, funders and other staff
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends
We will require the successful candidate to apply for a DBS check.
Location: Made in Corby offices, Corby Town Centre and Wellingborough Town Centre (from May 2020). Whilst remote working will be considered, we will expect the Fundraiser to regularly use desks at both offices in order to hold meetings locally and work alongside the wider programme team.
Fee: £1500 per month. Initially 1 year fixed-term beginning March 2020, with the possibility of extension until March 2023. The contract is split 50/50 between the existing Corby programme and the new Wellingborough programme.
The appointment will be made to an organisation or as a freelance contract, the organisation/practitioner having the status of a self-employed person responsible for all tax liabilities and National Insurance or similar contributions. This contract will be issued by Groundwork Northamptonshire.
Deadline for applications: 9am Monday 2nd March
Interview Date: Thursday 5th March 2020, Corby Town Centre