Starting salary £30,000+ per annum (dependent on experience)
The London Mozart Players are seeking a motivated and creative Marketing Manager to oversee the orchestra’s marketing, press and communications activity at a very exciting time in the long history of the LMP. The successful applicant will need to be highly ambitious, creative and thrilled by the challenge of marketing a 21st century ensemble with a vision to bring classical music to an ever-increasingly diverse audience. The appointed candidate will possess a broad range of modern marketing skills, be a confident self-starter who is deadline-driven, has a knowledge of the current classical music scene and is familiar with managing high-level projects to completion. Working closely with operations, fundraising and senior management, the chosen candidate will play a crucial role in strengthening the LMP brand and developing an innovative ongoing marketing strategy for the orchestra.
The London Mozart Players is one of the world’s finest chamber orchestras, internationally renowned for live performances with a long history of association with many of the world’s finest conductors and soloists. The orchestra celebrated its 70th birthday in 2019 and continues to delight audiences with the joys of classical music. Resident Orchestra at both Fairfield Halls, Croydon and St John the Evangelist in Upper Norwood, and a frequent visitor to the top concert halls in London and beyond, LMP is run by a small hands-on team that is inspired to enrich all lives through music. The LMP is a pioneer in outreach work and our projects reach out into the heart of many communities, taking music to young people in schools as well as those who can no longer visit the concert hall, to stimulate, entertain and inspire creativity. This is a great opportunity for a creative individual with music marketing experience to help shape the future of this exciting ensemble.
Qualifications / Experience
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including excellent editorial and copywriting ability
- Experience working within an arts organisation as a Marketing Manager – ideally an orchestra (3+ years)
- Experience managing and updating websites via WordPress
- Experience using social media channels to promote concerts and increase brand awareness
- An aptitude for innovative marketing and creative output
- Enthusiasm for classical music
- Experience of planning and managing budgets
- Graphic and digital design experience – Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Experience reporting using Google Analytics
- Existing press experience and contacts within the classical music industry
- Photography/Videography skills
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: Negotiable and dependent on level of experience – starting from £30,000+ pa
- Normal working hours: 10.00-18:00, Monday-Friday (40 hours per week) part-time/freelance position could be considered for higher level applicants
- Notice period: two months
- Probationary period: six months
- 20 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and the period between Christmas and New Year
- Membership of company pension scheme in line with auto-enrolment regulations.
For a higher level entry applicant, a part-time position could be considered with additional work being covered by a junior marketing person.
Please send your CV and covering letter/email to Julia Desbruslais, Executive Director – Applications will be considered as soon as we receive them.
Closing date: Saturday 8th February 2020