Strategic Planning Facilitator/Consultant Tender
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod (LIME) are seeks a consultant who will assist our organisation in creating a strategic framework for the future. We are committed to undertaking a strategic process that will actively engage our organisation in thinking about the future and planning for the sustainable delivery of the Eisteddfod.
We wish to receive proposals from consultants experienced in facilitating strategic thinking and planning. LIME seeks a consultant to provide the following services:
- Provide leadership, direction and expert consultation and advice related to the development of an effective 5 year strategic plan.
- Provide a clear, strategic planning process.
- Facilitate in developing LIME’s mission, vision and value statements.
- Facilitate the planning meetings.
- Provide deliverables that support and document the work performed throughout the process.
The desired result is to create a clearly defined Mission, Vision and Values statement that is authentic and inspirational, and to develop a strategic plan that articulates our mission, vision and values, and which provides a strategy that will guide LIME through 2022– 2027 with an action for 2022.
Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod was established in 1947 to promote peace and goodwill between nations, and education and knowledge in the arts through the delivery of the annual Eisteddfod. Each year the Eisteddfod attracts choirs and dance groups from across the world which are complemented by professional concerts as well as more informal performances and workshops on the Eisteddfod field.
We also engage with the local community through our Inclusion project and outreach performances in local nursing homes, schools and free events in Llangollen town.
The Eisteddfod takes great pride in providing a warm welcome for both its participants and its visitors (totalling around 35,000) and our audiences come from across Wales, the whole of the UK and internationally.
The festival employs a small professional staff in key areas of its operation and achieves its success with support from a volunteer force of approximately 800.
Scope of Project
The consultant will:
- Facilitate the conception of a strategic plan that will guide LIME’s focus and work during years 2022- 2027;
- Monitor and report the progress relative to the development of mission and vision that will realise the plan;
- Fully integrate LIME’s board, staff and members and volunteers into a culture of collaboration, through the development of an agreed Mission, Vision and Values statement;
- Develop and conduct focus groups that target stakeholders, staff and volunteers;
- Facilitate LIME’s Board and staff discussion relative to development of a year’s action plan; and
- Deliver a clear, accessible strategic plan structure that includes an action plan for 2022.
- Demonstrated experience with facilitating a consensus-based strategic plans.
- Prior experience developing strategic plans for the arts sector and membership organisations.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience at creating a neutral environment for, and soliciting input from, individuals from various sectors.
- Experience at gathering and utilising data to inform the strategic planning process.
- Experience in inspiring others to think creatively and innovatively.
- Ability to constructively challenge participants.
- The flexibility to develop appropriate dates for focus groups as described above that will suit the needs of the volunteers, members and the LIME Board and staffing team.
- The flexibility to attend LIME Board meetings as needed to move the process along. LIME Board meetings are normally held every 6 weeks.
- Ability to travel to Llangollen, Covid guidelines permitting.
Instructions to Applicants
All proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, 5th of August by email to: Betsan Moses, Interim Chief Executive, Betsan.email@example.com with the subject heading “Strategic Planning Tender.”
Proposals must include:
- The official name, address, phone number and email address of the applicant (organisation or individual) as well as the name of the principal contact person.
- Bios/resumes of key personnel fulfilling the contract, if awarded, including key qualifications and previous similar work experience.
- Two references who can speak to their experience with the consultant in similar projects.
- A description of the applicant’s approach to strategic planning consultation, including methodology, perspective or philosophy that guides your work.
- Examples of similar projects.
If the applicant deems any material submitted to be proprietary or confidential, that must be indicated in the relevant sections of the response.
Inquiries concerning this tender should be directed to Betsan Moses firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receiving applications is Thursday, 5 August, 2021.
Ideally focus group meetings will be held starting the end of August and into September and October 2021. Work on the action plan would occur early November 2021.
Review of Proposals
Proposals will be reviewed using the following criteria:
- The proposed approach to the scope of work.
- The qualifications and experience of the individual(s) identified to fulfil the project.
- The individual’s/organization’s experience with similar projects.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and operate within budget.
LIME will issue a contract/letter of agreement with the selected applicant, in which the manner and time of payment will be addressed.