Executive Director of Leeds 2023
IMAGE: Heofon’ Light Maze’ by ‘Brut Deluxe’ @LizzieCoombesPhotography
Leeds 2023 is an international cultural festival which will harness the energy, creativity and ambition of the Leeds bid to be European Capital of Culture in 2023 which was cut short by Brexit in 2017. It is more than a festival though – it’s about delivering the cultural ambition of the UK’s third largest city and engaging the next generation of cultural leadership.
Having appointed Kully Thiarai as Creative Director and CEO we are now seeking an experienced and dynamic Executive Director to join her to drive the ambition to deliver Leeds 2023.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an inspiring leader with at least five years’ experience gained in a role of similar responsibility and complexity to work closely with the Creative Director and CEO to help the organisation shape and deliver the ambitions of Leeds 2023. The successful candidate will be someone who is excited by the opportunity to grow a values led organisation from its beginning to one that will have a transformative impact on the city, its artists and its communities.
As Executive Director of Leeds 2023 you will have:
- The ability and passion to communicate, engage and inspire a wide range of partners, some of whom might never have dreamed of becoming part of this festival
- Commitment to the transformational role of arts and culture in cities and regions
- An impressive track record in cultural management and ability to inspire and engage a staff team and volunteers
- The skills and experience to successfully collaborate with a wide range of funders, partners and cultural agencies
- An understanding of how to market large scale cultural events to both local and national audiences and maximise their impact
This is a fixed term contract until March 2024.
Salary: Up to £75,000 per annum.
How to apply:
Please download the recruitment brief below or from our website here
Please send your CV and cover letter to JenniferGridley@leeds2023.co.uk, please address your cover letter to Ruth Pitt, Chair of Leeds 2023.
If you have any questions relating to your application please contact: Jennifer Gridley at JenniferGridley@leeds2023.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Monday 18th November
Interviews: scheduled for w/c 2nd December 2019.