Image credit: The Darkest Corners, RashDash, Transform 17 (transformfestival.org)
Leeds 2023 is an international cultural festival which will harness the energy, creativity and ambition of the Leeds bid to be European Capital of Culture in 2023. It will celebrate the city’s cultural life and bring the best global arts here to Leeds.
We are now seeking an experienced, visionary and dynamic Creative Director who will help us drive this ambition forward
It is more than a festival though – it’s about delivering the cultural ambition of the UK’s 3rd largest city and engaging the next generation of cultural leadership. The city’s commitment to culture was an important part of Channel 4 relocating its HQ to Leeds.
The Trust has been set up to create a five-year, £35 million cultural investment programme to culminate in our year of celebration in 2023. We have more than a third of the budget already in place and a clear plan to deliver the balance.
We are now seeking an experienced, visionary and dynamic Creative Director who will help us drive this ambition forward, creating a high quality programme based on local, national and international partnerships.
The successful candidate will be an inspiring leader and curator of arts festivals with at least five years’ experience gained in a role of similar responsibility and complexity.
As a Creative Director of Leeds Culture Trust you will have:
- The ability and passion to communicate, engage and inspire a wide range of partners, some of whom might never have dreamed of becoming part of this festival;
- A strong desire to shape opportunities to leave a lasting legacy to benefit future generations of artists and creative producers in the city;
- Absolute commitment to the transformational role of arts and culture in cities and regions;
- An impressive track record as a creative programmer in mixed arts venues, cultural events, festivals and/or broadcasting;
- A rich pool of networks and contacts in the cultural sector in the UK, Europe and internationally;
- The skills and experience to successfully collaborate with local cultural producers and partners whilst directing and leading the Trust’s signature event;
- A proven ability to open up new creative opportunities for young people, artists, audiences and participants.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, please address your cover letter to Ruth Pitt, Chair of Leeds Culture Trust.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 28 February 2019.