The new Holroyd Community Theatre at Moreton Hall will be a cultural flagship for North Shropshire and the adjacent Welsh border areas. With an illustrious and extensive programme of arts and educational opportunities, the theatre will be open to and utilised by all; the school, other local schools and the surrounding communities.
It will be a ‘godsend to the area’ (Marg Kynaston, Llanymynech Amateur Dramatic Society), bringing culture and drama to our local community.
The Theatre Manager will be responsible for the overall management, programme management and the efficient running of the Holroyd Community Theatre for Moreton Hall School and the local community.
The Theatre Manager will take responsibility for the Holroyd brand and reputation, ensuring an excellent programme of shows and events; ensuring that the theatre is a strong, financially stable and sustainable business and ensuring that the Theatre plays a major role in the school and the cultural life of the local community.
Salary: Competitive salary. Previous experience of managing an arts venue is essential.
Responsible to: the Board of Trustees and the Principal of Moreton Hall.
Liaising with: school, community, local schools, local community groups, theatre companies, Shropshire Council, local businesses and sponsors, local grant organisations.
Start Date: May 2018
Main duties and responsibilities:
● Develop & deliver the theatre’s business plan & strategic vision
● Develop and market the theatre’s programme of events
● Develop community use of the theatre
● Develop a Friends of the Theatre programme
● Ensure the smooth day to day running of all theatre operations and functions including box office, front of house, IT, bar and catering, marketing and communications, budgets etc
● Liaise and work with all Moreton Hall staff to enable productive collaboration and a high level of school performances
● Liaise with funders, arts organisations, Shropshire Council, artists, theatre groups, companies and other stakeholders to further the artistic programme of the HCT in the wider community
● Liaise and form partnerships with local community and arts groups and local schools
● Ensure that the Holroyd Community Theatre remains financially viable and compliant with all relevant legislation & regulation including charity and organisation law and health and safety
● All other reasonable duties for the effective operation of the theatre and its programmes
In the first instance, please send CV and covering letter to:
Ruth Brown, Moreton Hall, Weston Rhyn, Oswestry, Shropshire SY11 3EW
Email: email@example.com Tel: 01691 773671
Moreton Hall is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.