Salary: circa £40,000
Location: South West
Terms: Full time, permanent
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational Theatre Manager to lead our front of house team in delivering a first-class welcome to our audiences and customers, when we re-open our amazing new theatre in the autumn. As well as devising our ancillary sales strategy in our cafes and bars, this key post will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the visitor experience across the public areas of the venue to bring sparkle into the building.
What you’ll be doing
- Be the public face of Cornwall Playhouse and a role model for our values.
- Leading a culture of exceptional customer service throughout the Welcome Team to provide stand out experiences for our audiences and build customer loyalty.
- Personal licence holder for the venue - managing our bar and café, successfully setting strategic direction and delivery of our food and beverage offer.
- Seeking out opportunities to drive income through ancillary sales, harnessing ideas form your team and customer feedback to improve and develop the business.
- Safely running the front of house services across our new 1300 seat auditorium.
- Recruiting, managing and deploying a large pool of suitable volunteers in support of our paid staff.
Who we’re looking for
- At least 5 years’ experience a similar role in event management/visitor operations/hospitality/arts venue.
- Proven track record of managing teams which deliver the best hospitality industry customer experiences.
- Leadership skills including coaching, team development, motivation and communication.
- Previous involvement in business development, in particular responding to audience insight to improve and develop an offer.
- Experience in managing budgets to maximise commercial profits.
- Excellent people and influencing skills, enabling relationships externally and internally.
- Experience in managing operational risk effectively – excellent knowledge of H&S compliance, fire, security and emergency procedures.
What it’s like to work here
We’re opening a theatre in Truro, Cornwall’s capital city. Full of intriguing spaces and steeped in history, our new building will enchant and inspire 300,000 people a year.
As a team, we’re all in! We’re inclusive and open, kind and welcoming, meeting people as they are and responding to their needs and interests. We’re enthusiastic, committed and constantly encouraging people to feel the power of performance in their lives. Whether watching or taking part, we know what performance can do and we want to help every person in Cornwall feel it too. We’re proud of our audience and how we programme the work they crave at a quality they deserve. We’re restlessly curious about the world around us and the ways we can draw on that to make what we do even better. We’re drawing on modern tools and technology as well as our deep-rooted heritage to make our new home the very best it can be.
For more information and to download an application form, please visit hallforcornwall.co.uk.
Deadline for applications: Midnight on Sun 23 May
Interview: Monday 7 June