Cockpit Arts is an award winning social enterprise and the UK’s only business incubator for craftspeople, housing up to 170 small businesses at two centres in central and south London. From Jewellers and silversmiths to makers in wood, ceramics, textiles and glass, Cockpit Arts support people at the beginning of their careers, as well as those who are more established, to grow and build their businesses in the UK and Internationally. Cockpit Arts work with a wide range of talented individuals, including master craftspeople, artist makers, batch produces and more scalable businesses.
This is a hugely exciting time to join Cockpit Arts as Chief Executive to develop the business, its services, its income and funding into the future.
you will be an inspiring and visionary leader with experience gained in a senior management role
- To work with the board and staff team to develop and implement the organisation’s business plan, mission and strategy.
- To raise the profile of Cockpit Arts and continue to build its brand, reputation and supporter base.
- To work with the board in all areas of charity governance and importantly ensure the overall financial health of the organisation.
- An inspiring and visionary leader with experience gained in a senior management role ideally within a creative, cultural or artistic environment. Whilst experience of working with master craftspeople is not essential, it would be highly desirable.
- A brilliant communicator, with ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- A track record of developing and growing income from a range of sources including individuals, trusts and business.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/66857
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; William Pringle on 020 7518 2635.
Closing date for applications: 14th May 2018.