Welcome to our House
In 2021 Brixton House (formerly Ovalhouse) will open its doors to welcome everyone to enjoy theatre and art in the heart of Brixton. A brand-new venue dedicated to theatre-making for a new generation, inspiring artistic experiences and sharing a passion for community and social change.
Together with a talented team of Arts practitioners and Managers and in dialogue with the Leadership team and Senior Producer & Dramaturg, the Head of Learning and Participation will lead the next phase of the organisation’s community engagement and Participation Programme.
This role is central to the venue’s ambitious plans as we open in Brixton in a new purpose-built building in 2021. You will lead the delivery and evaluation of the Learning & Participation strategy and deliver relevant objectives in the organisations business plan, in relation to engagement, audiences, workforce development and artistic programming.
- To lead the new Learning & Participation department and build on our history as a centre of excellent practice for theatre and related arts for artists and young people aged 8-25.
- To design and deliver exciting and inclusive ways for young people to engage with theatre.
- To maintain and develop ambitious programmes of inclusive open-access youth arts, mature participants, and community enrichment programmes, including targeted projects where appropriate.
- To manage and supervise the project delivery teams.
- Build productive collaborative relationships with imaginative cultural, community and education partners for the development and sustainable delivery of learning and participation projects.
- To establish a culture of collaboration and partnership with other departments within the organisation, and with external partners (from local to international), to support innovation, excellence and reach.
Please visit the website to view the job description and role profile and apply online.