Fancy leading on organisational development, project management and storytelling for an internationally renowned circus school?
The new role of Programmes and Development Director will play a pivotal role in delivering our strategic goals. Lead responsibilities include: Programme/project management, Organisational development, Evaluation/impact, Income generation and Governance support.
Application is by CV and covering statement - see the attached PDF for more information. Deadline is 30th September 2021. Interviews will be held on the 6th/7th/8th October, in Belfast/by Zoom.
A bit about us
Over the past three years we have focused on listening to our circus family and key stakeholders about what they think our strengths are and where we can do more. Out of that work we identified the need to rebrand and redefine our purpose.
It’s really important to us that the people who love us have been part of that journey and continue to be part of that journey as we:
- build on the past 35 years
- understand the now, and
- propel ourselves into the future.
Over the last 18 months we have been working hard to develop a new strategy and make internal changes so that we have the right people in the right roles to implement our strategy until 2025.
We’re proud of the work we have done to get us to here and we believe we can hold our heads high as we continue to develop BCCS with our history, brand, vision, mission and values at the centre of everything we do.
A 21st Century where streets, hearts and minds are filled with the wonder and colour of circus.
We support people to surprise themselves through circus. We meet them where they are, have fun and create a community together.
The purpose of this role is to lead on the following areas and support the team to develop the skills and confidence to do the same in a way that is commensurate with their role:
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate an appropriate Project and Programme Management function across the work of BCCS, Premiere Circus and Festival of Fools.
- Demonstrate excellent approaches to planning, delivery and evaluation.
- Capture, share and learn from our evaluation and impact data at a strategic and cross organisational level.
- Build relationships with partner organisations to support income generation and business development.
- Lead on the completion of funding applications for both project and core funding, collate the monitoring requirements and submit reports as necessary.
- Support the Programmes and Development Manager to deliver their role and work effectively across the team.
- Support the CEO to ensure great governance, clear decision making and effective business development across all three organisations.
- Who this role reports to: CEO
- Who this role manages/supports: Programmes and Development Manager/Cross team working.
- Hours per week: 30hrs per week, negotiable
- Salary: PO5 - £41,881 - £44,863
- Holidays: 25 days per annum – pro rata and subject to review. + Bank/Public holidays.
- Contract Term: Permanent, subject to funding. Probationary period of 6 months applies.
- Location: Some time will need to be spent in our Circus School in Belfast. Some time can also be spent working remotely as needed/determined by the task.
- How this role is funded: Belfast City Council, Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, Unrestricted funding.
- Project/Programme Management
- Organisational Development and Planning
- Evaluation/Impact Capture/Story Telling
- Income Generation
- Governance Support
- Line management of the Programmes and Development Manager and the Projects and Programmes Officer.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest.