Purpose of role
To execute ACAVA’s Fundraising Strategy with the CEO, including administration of the fundraising database, promotion of individual giving opportunities, including online donations and legacies, research regarding individuals and trusts, and writing applications to trusts and foundations.
- Identify an appropriate database for fundraising needs, using the database to log donations, send acknowledgements, and manage gift aid.
- Manage the income and expenditure budget for fundraising.
- Write fundraising reports for senior management and board.
- Set up and maintain online giving such as a Support Us page and a giving function on ACAVA’s new website.
Execute ACAVA’s Fundraising Strategy alongside the CEO including:
- Renew existing trust supporters.
- Apply to new potential trust funders as outlined in the Fundraising Strategy.
- Research and develop a more comprehensive list of potential trust funders.
- Keep up to date with the most relevant statutory funding opportunities (including National Lottery programmes).
- Develop a programme for low-mid level gifts.
- Develop a major gifts and legacy giving programme.
- Explore the potential for Corporate Foundation support or Corporate In-Kind giving.
- Run a programme of cultivation events online or in-person.
- Integrate fundraising messages into regular marketing communications.
- Attend relevant fundraising courses to support skills development and keep up to date with the latest regulatory changes.
- Provide fundraising leadership and guidance to colleagues.
- Maintain awareness of funding opportunities for arts and community programmes, charities, and organisational development.
- Oversee colleagues to ensure that all funding applications are professionally written and presented.
- Support the CEO and colleagues in submitting funding applications.