Art Collection Administration Assistant - London Support Office
Who We Are...
Soho House & Co is a collection of private members' clubs and restaurants, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA and Europe. In addition, the Group is developing with new openings planned globally.
Reporting to the Head of Collections we are seeking Art Collection Assistant (Maternity Cover) based from our London Support Office.
This is a maternity cover position that is initially working alongside Art Collection Manager and Art Collection Assistant as an admin assistant during a busy acquisition period. From commencement of maternity leave for Art Collection Assistant, the candidate will be required to take on more responsibility and workload on a temporary basis.
Assistant registrar duties for artwork acquisition including:
- Liaising with artists and galleries on artwork details under direction Art Collection Manager
- Organizing collection, shipment and framing
- Processing all contractual exchanges for acquisitions
- Dealing with artist queries on acquisition process
- Process new artist memberships
- Maintenance of art collection inventory including art maps of each site
- Respond to internal and external requests for information about the art collection/artist members
We Are Looking For...
- Strong administrative experience
- Attention to detail and familiarity with excel
- Database experience
- Enthusiasm to be part of the art world, attending gallery and museum shows in private time
- Interest in contemporary art and sensitivity to artists
- Ability to work as part of a team, think creatively, stay positive and make things happen.
Only those eligible to work in the UK will be considered for the role.