Director of Sales & Marketing
Salary: £38,000 - £45,000 pro rata depending on experience
Hours: 3 days per week (flexible)
We are willing to consider flexible ways of working in order to attract the right candidate.
Polka Theatre is seeking an exceptional individual to join our senior team.
This new position is a perfect opportunity for an experienced, ambitious, strategically minded sales and communications lead to play an active role in shaping the future of Polka.
The post holder will drive our brand, develop strategies to attract new audiences and enhance the position of Polka as the UK’s leading children’s theatre, to coincide with the re-opening of our redeveloped venue.
Crucially, this post will lead on delivering sales targets for Polka, capitalising on the opportunities around re-opening in 2020 to drive box office and Creative Learning revenue and support other earned income streams.
As a senior team member and department head you will work closely with the Executive and Artistic Directors and senior management team to:
- Maintain and develop the Polka brand and our positioning as a charity and arts organisation
- Deliver and oversee the sales and marketing strategy for Polka
- Drive revenue from the programme of shows/events and maximise the value of ancillary activities that bring earned income streams
- Ensure smooth running of marketing, communication and sales functions for the organisation
- Build reach and diversity of our audiences
- Manage the sales and marketing budgets and team
Fundamental to the role is supporting access and audience diversity objectives and promoting the values and ethos of Polka.
For further information visit polkatheatre.com
Deadline for applications is 5pm on 29th September 2019
Polka is funded by Arts Council England, London
Registered charity number 256979
Polka is an Equal Opportunities employer.