Royalties Assistant (12 months Fixed Term)
Directors UK is the professional association for film and television directors and the collective management organisation, collecting and distributing royalties to such directors in the UK. We provide a range of services to our members including campaigning and lobbying, commercial negotiations, legal advice, events, trade discounts, skills, workshops, and career development.
Job role and duties:
To collect and process data regarding British film and television productions and process reports to allocate and distribute payments to members.
Reporting to: Distribution Manager.
Key Relationships: Working within a small Distribution team
Key Responsibilities include the following:
- Monitoring transmissions of British works on British channels from off-air recordings and other sources
- Preparing claims to foreign collecting societies
- Allocating payments received from UK broadcasters and foreign collecting societies to Directors UK members
- Registering members’ work on the Directors UK database and international databases
- Undertaking research as and when required on individual directors and works
- General office duties.
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Applicants should have the following qualities;
- An eye for detail;
- Well-organised, proactive and flexible in your approach to your work;
- Able to work to deadlines and cope with periodic increases in workload;
- A team player;
- Good customer service skills.
- Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office and Outlook;
- Comfortable in the handling and analysis of large volumes of data.
- High degree of discretion, an awareness of handling confidential data, including some knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR);
- Knowledge of and interest in Film & Television and the role of the director.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- An interest in and knowledge of the film and television industry;
- Experience of working in a collective management organisation or similar membership organisation;
- Experience with royalties and/or distribution of film and television;
- Previous office experience.
To be able to work effectively in a changing environment, other tasks may be required.
Terms of employment:
Reporting to: Distribution Manager
Salary: £21,828 PA
Hours: 9.30am - 5.30pm
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Location: Due to COVID-19 staff will be working from home pending re-opening of our offices located at Stukeley Street, London, WC2B
Contract: Full Time Fixed term 12 months employment
- Holidays: 25 days per year (plus all public and bank holidays) pro rata
- Company Pension Scheme opt in entitlement
- Company Cycle to work Scheme
- Company Perkbox discounts membership
Directors UK is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
- This appointment is subject to satisfactory completion of a 3-month probationary period.
- This appointment is subject to satisfactory references.
Please send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a personal statement as to why you consider yourself suited to this role (maximum 500 words) and
- a CV
Applications closing date: Sunday 31 January 2021
Interviews are due to take place: Week commencing 8th February 2021 via online video call (please let us know of any access arrangements that may be necessary)
Please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Candidate Privacy Notice:
Please see our document here for full details in regard to the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.