Embedding Safeguarding Practice (Artswork Leadership Training)
An Organisational Approach to Safe Practice with Children and Young People in Creative and Cultural sectors
‘Really Excellent. Trainer was really clear and knowledgeable. I have a revised action plan for when I get back’ (Course participant Jan 2018)
This course is for those who wish to develop a strategic approach responsible for overseeing safeguarding practice. The course is at a strategic level focusing on a whole team approach to embedding safe practice across creative, cultural and heritage sectors.
You will carry out an audit on your organisation and create an action plan that will support best practice around safeguarding in your organisation through the delivery of policy, practice and the sharing of information. You will also explore ways of including young people’s voice to influence your procedures.
Places on this course are strictly limited to ensure a tailored approach.
- Those who wish to develop a strategic approach to safeguarding within their own organisation eg senior manager, board members, creative directors,
- Those who are currently acting as safeguarding lead or are responsible for overseeing safeguarding in the organisation
- Those who have previously undertaken a child protection course
You will gain
- Ideas of how to embed a culture of safe practice
- Ways of including and involving young people
- Tools for disseminating policy and best practice
- A safeguarding action plan
- An overview of Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities
- Further advice and guidance
Trainer: Lesley Wood
English National Youth Arts Network subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount - subscribe here.
For more information on our open courses please contact our professional development team via firstname.lastname@example.org / 02380 332491
*Read our course terms and conditions here.