Working with Diverse Communities Event
Photo credit: Tom Arber
There is no cost to the event. We ask that in the first instance there are no more than 4 delegates from any one organisation.
Monday 10 June 10am - 4pm
Cast would like to invite anyone working within the arts or who have an interest in community engagement to attend the ‘Working with Communities Event’ to showcase the work of Cast’s flagship Social Seats project, and the theatres approach to access and inclusion.
- Anyone working in theatre/ arts setting who has an interest in community outreach and engagement work
- Community leaders / project workers who have an interest in supporting their groups to attend the arts
- Anyone with an interest in how the arts can benefit vulnerable groups
- Anyone who wishes to know more about the barriers, which impact on vulnerable groups accessing the arts
- Anyone wanting to know more about how Cast works within communities
The aims of the day:
- To provide an overview of the Social Seats project, exploring how Cast has supported vulnerable groups to access the theatre and to get involved.
- Workshops will raise awareness and explore – supporting people seeking asylum and refugees / supporting LGBTQ young people / Cast’s sensory area and supporting children with SEN
- Access and inclusion at Cast – BSL pantomime, live streaming events to hospitals and care homes, carer tickets, outreach work, relaxed performances, Cast Communities
- Case studies – Participants will share their experience of attending theatre and taking part
- Marketplace – A chance for local charities/ projects to highlight their work