Artswork Essentials: Prevent
Prevent is part of the government’s counter terrorism programme, and it is now a recommendation that all organisations working to support children and young people undertake Prevent training.
This one-day course offers essential enhanced safeguarding training for anyone working in the arts and cultural sectors with children and young people. It includes a full update on the Prevent Duty and the part that you play in its delivery.
You will consider how Prevent links with your policies and practice around safeguarding, equality, and diversity. Throughout the day, we will consider ways in which the arts, cultural and heritage sectors can embed “British Values”, a key element of Prevent, within the work that you deliver with children and young people.
The course will consider creative approaches to promoting the wellbeing of young people, and how Arts and Cultural sector organisations can support early intervention to divert young people away from being drawn into terrorist activity.
- All staff working in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors with children and young people
- Demonstrating commitment to the Prevent Duty
You will gain:
- A full update on the Prevent duty
- Ideas for embedding British Values in an inclusive and supportive environment
- Clarity on how to identify young people at risk
- Creative approaches to promote wellbeing
- Confidence in fulfilling Prevent responsibilities
Trainer: Lesley Wood
This course can also be booked as part of our Artswork Essentials package.
English National Youth Arts Network subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount on standard rate bookings- subscribe here.
For more information on our open courses or to find out about booking this course as in-house training please contact our professional development team via firstname.lastname@example.org. Limited bursaries are also available - contact us for details.