Cultural Leaders – do you want to be a confident, influential, inclusive and resilient cultural leader with effective and diverse partnerships and networks that deliver ambitious high quality arts and cultural experiences for communities?
On this programme you will develop and deepen self-awareness and awareness of others to build productive relationships and increase your connections.
You will grow your leadership with confidence in your agency in this time of uncertainty and complexity and build your resourcefulness as a leader, keeping your leadership practice energised in challenging times.
You will be an arts and culture professional in the UK who is either active as a leader in your field or aspiring to be so. You need to have a minimum of 2 years experience of working in the cultural sector.
In the arts and cultural sector, in common with other areas of work, people with all levels of experience lead in different ways, we define leaders as people who:
- Influence the direction of the work they and others provide for children and young people and communities
- Create ideas and motivate others to join in and commit to their projects
- Manage staff teams and freelance artists and other cultural workshop leaders
- Develop relationships with partner organisations to achieve common aims
- Develop and manage relationships with funding organisations and sponsors
The course takes place over 4 days from January to March 2022: