A former student of Bristol Old Vic Theatre School says she was "overworked" when she sewed through both her hands.
Stephanie Drogemuller's accident occurred in 2014, and the school says it will investigate if she makes contact.
Drogemuller said she was working hard for the Christmas season and "was so exhausted the needle went through both of my hands on the sewing machine".
She was asked by a school staff member whether it had happened because of her dyslexia.
"I felt like she was phishing for me to say yes, as a sort of easy answer," Drogemuller told the BBC.
School CEO Fiona Francombe said: "We are concerned to hear these reports".
"We take our duty of care towards students extremely seriously and have a robust series of policies and services in place, that we regularly review and update, to support student wellbeing.
"Our courses need to prepare students for professions that can be both physically and mentally demanding, but our priority is to achieve this whilst ensuring their safety and wellbeing."