Seven Stories' unique exhibitions, lively events and playful activities bring children's books to life - every day for everyone - making us a place to remember.
Terms: Permanent 37.5 hours/week
Salary: £36,658 - £42,386 plus pension scheme
Seven Stories is an award winning National museum for children’s books in Newcastle upon Tyne. The Creative Director will join our organisation in a pivotal senior role, leading our public and learning programmes and productions and building our reputation as a trail blazing venue for creative engagement, especially for children and young people.
This exciting opportunity seeks a dynamic arts professional with proven leadership and management skills, significant experience in the producing children’s arts and/or literature programmes and commitment to:
- Encouraging more people, especially children, young people and families, to take part in creative and learning programmes.
- Achieving cultural and societal impact in the Northeast, nationally and internationally, taking creative risks and building progressive partnerships in the children’s literature community, and in education, cultural and charity sectors.
- Empowering children and young people to recognise and realise their potential through the transformative impact of children’s book inspired engagement projects.
- Putting inclusive practice at the heart of your work ethos, nurturing creativity across Seven Stories to design, develop, implement and evaluate innovative, engaging and popular programmes.
- Optimising creative programme opportunities offered by Seven Stories’ unique Collection.
For more information: www.sevenstories.org.uk/get-involved/current-vacancies
Closing Date: Deadline for applications is Tuesday 9th May 2017 at 5pm
Interview date: 25th or 26th May OR 12th or 13th June 2017
Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults: Seven Stories is committed to protecting children from harm while they are participating in any Seven Stories event or activity. All employees should strive to ensure good child protection practice through their work in accordance with the Seven Stories Safeguarding Policy. Any offer of employment is made subject to Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.