It is the mission of the Gallery to engage audiences with the best of Modern British, international, contemporary and Outsider Art.
Salary: c. £26-29,000 per annum, dependent on experience.
Location: 9 North Pallant, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1TJ
Pallant House Gallery is looking for a passionate new Buildings Manager who will relish the opportunity to contribute to the team by ensuring a Grade I listed Queen Anne townhouse and award-winning modern building run safely, efficiently and to the benefit of visitors, volunteers, community members and staff. Experience in buildings/facilities management is not essential if the candidate has some practical skills, experience of budget management and a willingness to learn.
- Managing the maintenance of the plant and related equipment.
- Managing day to day H&S issues relating to the buildings i.e. Asbestos Register, Legionella, Contractor safety, IOSSH regulations, PAC testing etc, staff and volunteer safety in office and other environments, visitor safety.
- Managing the fire and burglar alarm systems.
- Managing the maintenance and decoration of the interior and exterior of Gallery buildings and courtyard garden.
- Managing the cleaning of the buildings and courtyard.
- Managing utilities supplies.
- Managing environmental sustainability, seeking improvements where viable and submitting data to Julie's Bicycle.
- Buildings and other related insurance.
- Liaising with Chichester District Council over maintenance and decoration issues related to the Grade I listed Pallant House.
- Management of small and medium capital projects. Forthcoming projects include installation of a new boiler and changes to the lighting system. The role will contribute toward the development of The Coach House, a building recently acquired by the Gallery.
- IT/Telecoms/AV (supported by an IT support company).
- Maintaining the Environmental Control equipment.
- Supporting Collections Manager in the monitoring of environmental control.
- Opening and closing the Gallery on agreed days of the week.
- Attendance at Senior Management Team meetings.
- Managing the maintenance technician and cleaner roles, assisting where needed.
- Membership and attendance of meeting of the Museums Facilities Managers Forum.
Pallant House Gallery is one of the leading museums of Modern British art in the UK, presenting an exciting programme of exhibitions alongside an internationally significant collection, with a widely respected learning and community programme.
Closing date: Friday 14 July 2017
Please note CVs will not be accepted.
Pallant House Gallery is working towards becoming an Equal Opportunities employer.