Marketing and Promotions Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Location: South Clerk Street, Edinburgh
Terms: Full time, permanent contract
Edinburgh’s Queen’s Hall is Scotland’s foremost mid-sized concert hall (1,000 capacity) for classical, jazz and blues, pop, rock and traditional music, and hosts the Edinburgh International Festival and the International Jazz and Blues Festival. We have a 3 year strategy to refurbish this exceptional venue and reposition the Hall and brand to ensure its future financial and artistic success.
Edinburgh’s Queen’s Hall is Scotland’s foremost mid-sized concert hall (1,000 capacity) for classical, jazz and blues, pop, rock and traditional music
The Queen’s Hall is an independent charitable company. With the retirement of our CEO, along with a marketing vacancy, we are recruiting a Chief Executive and a Marketing and Promotions Manager. These posts offer exciting opportunities in the UK’s leading festival city.
We seek a dynamic Marketing and Promotion Manager to generate business for the Queen’s Hall company and promote and enhance its reputation and standing. You will have practical experience in the marketing of artistic events and venues, including developing a marketing strategy, and sound business skills.
For more information, please visit http://www.thequeenshall.net/news/articles/vacancies
Please send a CV listing your experience and suitability for the post, and providing the names of two referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information enquiries may be addressed to Nigel Griffiths, Chair of Queen’s Hall Board, email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 25 January
Interviews: will take place week commencing 20 February.
We seek a dynamic Marketing and Promotion Manager to generate business for the Queen’s Hall Company, and promote and enhance its reputation and standing.
The Marketing and Promotion Manager will be responsible for marketing and promoting the aims and activities of the Queen’s Hall Company. In particular, the Marketing and Promotion Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a clear marketing strategy. The postholder will ensure that all marketing and promotional activities contribute effectively towards achieving the Company’s objectives of increasing market share, increasing audience size and diversity, community engagement, and sustainable financial viability and profitability. The postholder will support and contribute to Queen’s Hall programming, covering both events promoted by the Queens Hall (QH Promotions) and events promoted by others.
Marketing and Brand Management
- Design and produce an annual Marketing Strategy and Marketing Plan for Queen’s Hall businesses.
- Work with the Board and others to deliver effective marketing campaigns to promote the Queen’s Hall and its businesses and activities within allocated budgets.
- Develop and implement effective marketing communication campaigns for specific events and initiatives.
- Analyse customer information and gaps in the market, examine competitors’ marketing strategies and apply findings to enhance the Queen’s Hall business proposition.
- Manage, produce and source copy for all marketing collateral, including brochures, letters, emails and website.
- Plan, produce and distribute a range of professional and commercially-focused material which demonstrates Queen’s Hall services and brand value.
- Manage the box office function to maximise sales and marketing, data capture, brand management and customer service.
- Specify, design and create information systems and procedures for the collection, analysis and reporting of information, indicators and results about the Queen’s Hall audience and customer base, QH Promotions, and the arts and cultural market in South East Scotland.
- Select and appoint designers, printers and other suppliers to support the effective delivery of the marketing strategy, within the allocated budget. Monitor and evaluate the performance of these suppliers to ensure that best value and delivery is achieved.
- Develop and manage the Queen’s Hall’s online presence.
- Produce copy and images for online marketing content which optimise sales, including material relating to QH news and events.
- Develop, manage and monitor Social Media presence through the implementation of a strong Social Media Strategy.
- Maintain an up to date, appropriate knowledge of the arts and cultural sector and all matters related to the duties of this post, to ensure that Queen’s Hall is competitive and innovative.
Promotion and Education Outreach
- Produce, in collaboration with the Chief Executive and the Operations Manager, a Queen’s Hall Promotions Strategy for Board approval.
- Produce, in collaboration with the Chief Executive, a strategy for the development and promotion of education outreach projects and activities for Board approval.
- Create and enable the delivery of education outreach projects and activities, consistent with the QH Business Plan.
- Identify and exploit new opportunities that are in line with the commercial aims of the organisation.
- Promote the aims and objectives of the organisation externally, networking and liaising with other similar and competitor organisations and seeking customer feedback to inform future event policy.
- Ensure the box office and ticketing customer interface delivers the highest level of quality customer experience possible.
- Ensure that box office and ticketing arrangements are efficient, effective and appropriate for the business needs of the company, utilising the most effective business delivery model.
- Undertake such duties as may be required by the Board that are consistent with the overall aims of the post.
- Attend, participate in, and contribute to meetings and events, ensuring appropriate up to date information is communicated and acted upon.
- Work creatively, cooperatively, and collaboratively with colleagues to deliver agreed QH strategies, plans and projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the sector to develop and retain a full understanding of the market: in particular, develop close positive commercial relationships with promoters and agents
- Act as a point of contact for all media enquiries ensuring that Queen’s Hall is represented consistently and in a positive way, in all responses.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with external stakeholders to ensure that Queen’s Hall market prominence is optimised.
- Prepare reports and attend Queen’s Hall Board meetings as required.
- Establish and maintain effective customer and supplier relationships.
- Anticipate and fulfil client needs in a successful manner where appropriate.
- Fully understand the many facets of the business and structure in order to value different requirements, and act with diplomacy to achieve the best possible outcome.
Management and Development of Team
- Effectively manage and develop staff, in order to meet the agreed plans and strategies of the organisation.
- Provide effective leadership, supervision and direction to staff, ensuring staff and Board comply with all laws related to its activities and operations.
- Contribute to the creation of a staff culture where everyone is valued and equipped to do their job.
- Ensure all staff adhere to policies and procedures contained within their terms and conditions of employment and employee handbook.
- Establish and develop staff training and education programmes ensuring staff are treated fairly and their potential is reached ensuring an appropriate return on investment and that this is in line with budgetary constraints.
- Ensure that performance management appraisals and objectives are delivered effectively.
- Be aware of Health and Safety policy ensuring that employees are aware of and follow health and safety procedures within all aspects of their work, and contribute to promoting a workplace culture that is positive to good health and safety
- Ensure that staff holidays, time off in lieu, expenses, and other working arrangements are authorised appropriately.
For more information and to see the full Employee Specification, please visit: www.thequeenshall.net/about/recruitment