Picture House Manager
Salary: c. £27,000 per annum depending on experience, plus performance related bonus
Location: 26 Hall Street, Campbeltown, PA28 6BU
Campbeltown Picture House is one of the first purpose built cinemas in Scotland. Built in 1913 in Glasgow School Art Nouveau style and remodelled in 1935 in ‘atmospheric style’, the ‘A’ Listed Picture House is currently undergoing a £3.5 million restoration and redevelopment project.
The Picture House is due to open in summer 2017 and will have the following facilities:
- Screen One - restored main auditorium with 193 seats and a stage area for small-scale drama or music performances.
- Screen Two - newly constructed auditorium seating 54.
- A multi-use room for education events, meetings, private parties, and other activities.
- A new entrance foyer and café.
The Picture House is a key cultural and social facility for the rural, coastal town of Campbeltown.
The Picture House is a key cultural and social facility for the rural, coastal town of Campbeltown. Programming will include new release mainstream films, selected independent and specialist films, live and recorded ‘event cinema’ performances, touring and community drama and music performances, and hires of the facilities by a range of organisations from commercial companies through to private parties.
A brochure about the architectural history and redevelopment of the Picture House is available to download here.
Picture House Manager role:
We are looking for a dynamic, community focussed Manager who will be responsible for the overall management and relaunching of the Picture House, managing all operational issues relating to the venue including leading and motivating the staff team and ensuring that the Picture House develops as the key cultural and social hub for the Kintyre community and local businesses. The Picture House Manager will be responsible for ensuring that commitments made to funders of the restoration project are delivered, and for developing a broad range of partnerships within the town and Kintyre.
- Managing all aspects of the cinema’s operations on a day-to-day basis and delivering a high quality, varied programme of films, event cinema performances, live drama and music.
- Developing opportunities for maximising revenue from all aspects of the cinema and ‘event cinema’ programmes offered by the Picture House.
- Promoting the use of the Picture House to community and business users.
- Ensuring that the Picture House provides the highest levels of customer care possible.
- Establishing and maintaining relations with the local community, businesses and media.
Essential skills and experience include:
- Experience of managing a full-time public venue, preferably a cinema, arts centre or theatre but experience in a retail or hospitality business may be considered.
- Entrepreneurial and problem-solving attitude.
- Community engagement focus.
For further information, a full job description and details of how to apply, please contact: Ron Inglis, Project Manager - The Centenary Project at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07740 928420.
Closing date: 7 April 2017.
The restoration and redevelopment of Campbeltown Picture House is supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund, Historic Scotland, Highlands & Islands Enterprise, Argyll & Bute Council, Coastal Communities Fund, the National Lottery through Creative Scotland, Architectural Heritage Fund, The Robertson Trust, The Foyle Foundation, the Big Lottery and various trusts, foundations, companies and individual supporters.